Esteemed Contributor

Re: Direct From Perdue Chicken

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC - When I looked at the Perdue website, it showed free shipping for only select items or orders over $159.99—the order total you described was less than the stated threshold for free shipping, so perhaps the items you chose were not part of the options offered with free shipping, resulting in a charge to get them to you?

EDIT: Just for "fun," I went and played around on the website. It appears that when you select one of the states in the western half of the country, a hefty shipping charge is added even if the items selected are listed with free shipping. For example, the charge for Idaho is $105, which seems high when the charge for Hawaii is $120. But shipping to Texas is just $34, and shipping to Illinois is $19.99, which is the fee the site appears to be waiving to offer the free shipping deal. All very interesting...

Respected Contributor

@QVC101 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 That works out to about $5.60 per lb.    I think I can get chicken cheaper locally, especially with a sale. 

I just purchased skinless/boneless thighs for $6.00 lb.

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@QVC101 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 That works out to about $5.60 per lb.    I think I can get chicken cheaper locally, especially with a sale. 

I just paid $3.99 for boneless chests on sale.  I went early in the morning, they had only TWO pkgs available!

Many meats have been very hard to find.

So go more veggie?  Gosh, produce is outta this world too! 

Honored Contributor

Chicken was on sale at Whole Foods for $1.99 a pound for whole chickens and some other "parts."

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@QVC101 wrote:

I just paid $3.99 for boneless chests on sale.  I went early in the morning, they had only TWO pkgs available!

Many meats have been very hard to find.

So go more veggie?  Gosh, produce is outta this world too! 

I guess I really don't pay much attention to the price.  We get a lot of our chicken, pork and fish and other items delivered from Schwan's. The quality is there and I can rely on them (and I don't have to go anywhere).  But to get boneless thighs it's off to the grocery store.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc 

I got a reply from Perdue. They said the hefty shipping fees are due to location. The further away, even with free shipping, you get billed even more. I thanked them and told them I could not afford my order.