Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone purchase the Lenox dinnerware today?

These dishes are certainly not my style....and the flatware pictured is soooo ornate! The style of my home is cottage/shabby and either one of these seem to match. Woman Indifferent

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@dharts wrote:

I missed this show but I have had the French Perle dinnerware for over a year and I absolutely love it, The color is stunning, much prettier than the photo. In fact, I love the color so much I painted my kitchen to match it. LOL It makes a great wall color too.

The plates are oversized in my set, which came with mugs and lunch plates but no bowls. They have held up very well but I have no dishwasher and they have only been hand washed. BTW, I got a set of Wallace Queens flatware to go with it and that old timey pattern looks beautiful with this dinnerware. The pattern has been discontinued but you can find the sets if you look around.

Oh, I love that flatware!  It reminds me of a few pieces I have that belonged to my grandmother.

Honored Contributor

Can anyone tell me where these dishes are made?  The description doesn't say.  Has Lenox gone the China route?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I've admired this pattern elsewhere, but a set of simple dinnerware, while absolutely not needed here either, would only be the beginning of the problem.

Then I'd have to have every other pieces ever made to complete the set. I'd need serving pieces, baking pieces etc. until I could outfit yet another kitchen! I'm weak, and I'm out of room, and I'm broke. So I looked the other way too!

YIKES- we MUST be COUSINS!  Cookie jars, quarter pound butter dishes, spoon holders....... don't get me started!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Can anyone tell me where these dishes are made?  The description doesn't say.  Has Lenox gone the China route?

@faeriemoon

I don't know, but I sense that the ones made for QVC might be made in China.  If you have time to find out, I'd love to know... I'm still thinking about that ice blue set. 🙀

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon

I don't know, but I sense that the ones made for QVC might be made in China.  If you have time to find out, I'd love to know... I'm still thinking about that ice blue set. 🙀

@house_cat

I'm going to watch the video to see if they ever show the underside of the plate.  I have a feeling if they were made in England or something, they would have featured that in the still shots of the product.  If I learn anything, I'll let you know.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought this set in white last month. I like it didn't come with the mugs. It really isn't white, but a very natural,creamy white.  There was a pic at BBB of a Christmas dinner table set using these dishes and the matching flatware amongst plaid. I've liked the pattern for awhile because it can be used year-round, so when QVC had a free shipping day it spurred me to buy. We have been using it. The plates are deep, the bowls are big. Each piece seems to be a bit lighter in weight than Fiestaware. I want the ice blue next. They don't say on the bottom where they are made, but I think it was China somewhere on the box or pamphlets or maybe I saw it at the Lenox site. 

Anyway,  I will use them until it is time for Butterfly Meadow.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore @house_cat

Yes, I think it may be China.  There is a picture of the underside on Amazon and all it says is "American Design" which is generally code for China.

They are a beautiful old world style, but I decided to go for the Cambria line from Pottery Barn.  (Made in Portugal, with all "lead" questions answered on their website.)

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@dharts wrote:

I missed this show but I have had the French Perle dinnerware for over a year and I absolutely love it, The color is stunning, much prettier than the photo. In fact, I love the color so much I painted my kitchen to match it. LOL It makes a great wall color too.

The plates are oversized in my set, which came with mugs and lunch plates but no bowls. They have held up very well but I have no dishwasher and they have only been hand washed. BTW, I got a set of Wallace Queens flatware to go with it and that old timey pattern looks beautiful with this dinnerware. The pattern has been discontinued but you can find the sets if you look around.

You can find this set on Amazon.  Beautiful pattern!!