Honored Contributor

Did anyone purchase the Lenox dinnerware today?

I had no intention of being tempted, but that cool blue color was beautiful.

I decided to turn off the t.v. and get over it.  I don't have room for another set of dishes... but they sure were pretty.

Here they are if you missed them.

Did any of you buy them?

What color?

h208982.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone purchase the Lenox dinnerware today?

@house_cat I didn't buy them but I do love all colors! Like you, I do NOT need another dish in this house.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I had no intention of being tempted, but that cool blue color was beautiful.

I decided to turn off the t.v. and get over it.  I don't have room for another set of dishes... but they sure were pretty.

Here they are if you missed them.

Did any of you buy them?

What color?

h208982.jpeg@house_cat ~ I love the dishes, especially the blue and the white.  What I don't love is that this service for four:/ doesn't come with mugs! ://  For that price, they should.

Esteemed Contributor

Ha ha!  I have no other things in the "violet" color family, but I thought they were very pretty and was already thinking ahead to how I could fit them in.  I definitely thought about it, but did not order.Smiley Wink

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you ladies when I say the last thing I need in my house is another plate!  But I agree that these dishes were sooooo pretty.  I, too, was tempted, but resisted.  I liked ALL the colors.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Ha ha!  I have no other things in the "violet" color family, but I thought they were very pretty and was already thinking ahead to how I could fit them in.  I definitely thought about it, but did not order.Smiley Wink

@Sweetbay magnolia, I'm not usually a fan of anything "violet" or purple or any shade thereof, but I thought these were very pretty.  Made me think of Easter and how nice they would look at Easter dinner! 

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@house_cat ~ I love the dishes, especially the blue and the white.  What I don't love is that this service for four:/ doesn't come with mugs! ://  For that price, they should.

@AKgirl2

I thought it was a good price for Lenox brand.  Personally, I rather that it doesn't come with the mugs. I'm a sucker for vintage coffee/tea sets, so I have several and really wouldn't need the mugs.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I have no idea why my previous reply is showing up in that "ghost" font.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I've admired this pattern elsewhere, but a set of simple dinnerware, while absolutely not needed here either, would only be the beginning of the problem.

Then I'd have to have every other pieces ever made to complete the set. I'd need serving pieces, baking pieces etc. until I could outfit yet another kitchen! I'm weak, and I'm out of room, and I'm broke. So I looked the other way too!

Contributor

I missed this show but I have had the French Perle dinnerware for over a year and I absolutely love it, The color is stunning, much prettier than the photo. In fact, I love the color so much I painted my kitchen to match it. LOL It makes a great wall color too.

The plates are oversized in my set, which came with mugs and lunch plates but no bowls. They have held up very well but I have no dishwasher and they have only been hand washed. BTW, I got a set of Wallace Queens flatware to go with it and that old timey pattern looks beautiful with this dinnerware. The pattern has been discontinued but you can find the sets if you look around.