Frequent Contributor

Defective Glass Lock n Lock Bowls

A set of glass oval lock n lock bowls with lids was recently presented again even though there are countless reviews saying the lid doesn't fit on the largest bowl. I bought this set when it was a special last year and can confirm that no matter what order I snapped the lid on, it just didn't fit.

I was so surprised and disappointed to see it sold again recently. Many of the new reviews talk about the defect too. I understand QVC wants to move product, but I didn't think they would knowingly sell something like this. What happened to the quality?

Just posting this in hopes it saves someone out there from having to return this set. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Defective Glass Lock n Lock Bowls

One would think they could have bounced the entire shipment back to Lock n Lock.  I've been here long enough to remember the videos they used to run about the great lengths to which their quality control teams went.  

Honored Contributor

@Allieoh wrote:

A set of glass oval lock n lock bowls with lids was recently presented again even though there are countless reviews saying the lid doesn't fit on the largest bowl. I bought this set when it was a special last year and can confirm that no matter what order I snapped the lid on, it just didn't fit.

I was so surprised and disappointed to see it sold again recently. Many of the new reviews talk about the defect too. I understand QVC wants to move product, but I didn't think they would knowingly sell something like this. What happened to the quality?

Just posting this in hopes it saves someone out there from having to return this set. 

@Allieoh I just watched the presentation with Rick and was very close to ordering the green.   I decided to read the reviews and pretty much many people had issues with the tops and then I saw your post.  Thanks for posting as it changed my mind to order.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for letting me know. It's a very substantial, heavy set that was a pain to return. I'm glad the reviews and forum helped you!

Valued Contributor

I have the loaf glass containers and one lid will not close and are hard to close. 

Valued Contributor

I am having trouble with lids closing on some of the larger size plastic containers...very difficult and certainly not with one hand as advertised.