Trusted Contributor

Re: Days Between Order Date and Shipment Date

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gigy.  Are you completely clueless about the supply chain interruptions this pandemic has caused?  Retailers are doing their best but if merchandise doesn't arrive as scheduled, they can't ship it.  Things are not business as usual.

I heard on the news this morning that many retailers don't have the variety or quantity of merchandise they normally have.  At least QVC is trying.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gigy.  Are you completely clueless about the supply chain interruptions this pandemic has caused?  Retailers are doing their best but if merchandise doesn't arrive as scheduled, they can't ship it.  Things are not business as usual.

I heard on the news this morning that many retailers don't have the variety or quantity of merchandise they normally have.  At least QVC is trying.

No.....I am not completely clueless and I find your comment rude and insulting. QVC is a maor retailor and if they are selling items to the public, taking my money for 16/17 days prior to shipping the item, I have a problem with that. I am fully aware of the seriousness of the pandemic, but don'ttell me they do not have the staff in the shipping department during a major holiday season. It is unacceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering if we are gonna get our Slatkin TSV orders before Christmas!!!!!

Been ITP for 5 days now!  Smiley Sad 

I don't think  want to smell baking AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Valued Contributor

Shipping is just horrid by QVC. They say it's because of the pandemic but even so it's far beyond what can be reasonably expected in the pandemic. Earlier this spring i ordered an item and it took them over a month to ship it even though I cancelled the order. Around the same time, I've had multiple shipments from several other online stores. My Amazon prime orders were delayed beyond the normal times, but it was never delayed by more than a few days....not even a week. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, it's on the way to you now.  There is that pesky pandemic thing going on now and much of this country is in dire straits which means many people who get sick with it can't work.  That causes delays for businesses.  

@chrystaltree 

Then how do you explain Amazons next day delivery??

QVC raiises shipping costs and then  it takes longer to ship........???????

The pandemic is just an excuse .This has been  going on since QVC got a new head of the company. going on  2 yrs now! 

@MalteseMomma.  I've NEVER gotten next day delivery from Amazon.  Its usually 2-4 day delivery.

Mike George has been CEO a heck of a lot longer than 2 years!  He is, in fact, preparing to retire next year.

@Kachina624 you may not have never, but I HAVE gotten next day delivery from Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

No.....I am not completely clueless and I find your comment rude and insulting. QVC is a maor retailor and if they are selling items to the public, taking my money for 16/17 days prior to shipping the item, I have a problem with that. I am fully aware of the seriousness of the pandemic, but don'ttell me they do not have the staff in the shipping department during a major holiday season. It is unacceptable.

@gigy. Money is never taken from your account until the item is shipped.  Merchants do a temporary hold on funds which drops off in 3 or 4 days.  No, I don't think you understand how the pandemic affects shipping at all.  If its unacceptable,  go buy your stuff at a store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment