Trusted Contributor

Days Between Order Date and Shipment Date

I ordered a Martha Stewart kitchen item on November 11th and today, November 28, I received an email that my order has shipped. Seventeen days just to begin shipping out? It was not on backorder or waitlist. I find this ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Days Between Order Date and Shipment Date

I hear your frustration, but QVC has been good overall. Vendor shipping, however, has been hit or miss. Even places like Walmart, (where an order placed on Nov. 17 has not even made its way to USPS although that supposedly was going to occur on Nov. 18 ) and the Big "A," where an item with supposed two-day delivery arrived in four days and was incorrect) are having delays, mix-ups, and some significant snafus. Thankfully, my messed up items are for me or my cat rather than for Christmas gifts.  Good luck. I hope your item ships soon and arrives quickly.

Respected Contributor

@gigy wrote:

I ordered a Martha Stewart kitchen item on November 11th and today, November 28, I received an email that my order has shipped. Seventeen days just to begin shipping out? It was not on backorder or waitlist. I find this ridiculous.

I don't like slow shipping that's why it's rare I order from Q or anywhere else with slow shipping.  

Honored Contributor

Well, it's on the way to you now.  There is that pesky pandemic thing going on now and much of this country is in dire straits which means many people who get sick with it can't work.  That causes delays for businesses.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, it's on the way to you now.  There is that pesky pandemic thing going on now and much of this country is in dire straits which means many people who get sick with it can't work.  That causes delays for businesses.  

@chrystaltree 

Then how do you explain Amazons next day delivery??

QVC raiises shipping costs and then  it takes longer to ship........???????

The pandemic is just an excuse .This has been  going on since QVC got a new head of the company. going on  2 yrs now! 

Honored Contributor

@gigy.  Are you completely clueless about the supply chain interruptions this pandemic has caused?  Retailers are doing their best but if merchandise doesn't arrive as scheduled, they can't ship it.  Things are not business as usual.

I heard on the news this morning that many retailers don't have the variety or quantity of merchandise they normally have.  At least QVC is trying.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree 

The pandemic is just an excuse .This has been  going on since QVC got a new head of the company. going on  2 yrs now! 

@MalteseMomma.  I've NEVER gotten next day delivery from Amazon.  Its usually 2-4 day delivery.

Mike George has been CEO a heck of a lot longer than 2 years!  He is, in fact, preparing to retire next year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

Good,then maybe shipping will improve!    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

yes the "pandemic" has created some issues but honestly, those who order (esp Q) have been facing issue of shipping long before 4/7/20.

New or recent shoppers don't realize how bad Q's shipping problems have been --- I remember there were no answers from Q then this "pandemic" came along and hallelujah gave them a excuse🙄😡

Sorry, but I do a lot of online shopping and  haven't had issues -- in fact, sometimes it comes so quick even I'm surprised but they use shipping parameters which aren't "cut rate", ie, UPS to USPS 😡😡.  The amount of angry customers,damaged or lost packages obviously doesn't concern the CEO's or PTB.

So, I think it's a matter of honesty to customers -- especially this time of year.   Hosts should say "If you need by Christmas allow lots of extra time since this item ships directly from vendor OR our vendor maybe having inventory issues" yeah right I'd keel over if I ever heard that.

Prime example on 10/13/20 I placed order for new flooring -- within seconds the sales rep said "These are backordered at least til 12/3 do you still want to order this selection?" Now that's honesty and made me a happy consumer.

People need to stop using the "pandemic" as excuses for everything🙄

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree 

@MalteseMomma 

At least Amazon and other retailers tell the customer upfront --3rdparty never comes 2 day but I ordered books Friday morning and got home at 2:00 today they were on my porch!,