Respected Contributor

Re: David Venable off again ?

I enjoy watching Mary very much. She explains the items well. I don't miss David and hope he enjoys his day off.

Mary is happy to have had her thyroid cancer removed recently as she stated she did not have to have any treatments. Good for her and she is happy again.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think (not sure) but some gov. agn. controls the amt. of time people spend on TV.

@Group 5 minus 1  No, that's not true for adults.  

However, under the US Department of Labor, every state has "child entertainment laws" that govern the number of hours children may or may not work in entertainment industry.  

Honored Contributor

have a feeling that ITKWD viewership might be low on SBS so he just takes that day off

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think (not sure) but some gov. agn. controls the amt. of time people spend on TV.

@Group 5 minus 1  No, that's not true for adults.  

However, under the US Department of Labor, every state has "child entertainment laws" that govern the number of hours children may or may not work in entertainment industry.  

@Caaareful Shopper, oh, my. I thought that @Group 5 minus 1 was joking. Now I'm not too sure.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

Reever, FYI................David V. is on more than a lot of care to see. Like ALL THE TIME!!!!!

I am a creature of habit and I have planned my Sundays around In the Kitchen for over a decade. I do not like change. I understand everyone deserves time off. I guess if he is hosting a party he needs time to prepare the appetitzers. Id much preferred they used Mary Beth when David is off that was my point.

@Reever, as an adult, you probably already know this: The world does not revolve around you or your schedule.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal ...and drink beer

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

David is one the Q's heavy hitters.  He's in rotation a lot.  He gets compensated with time off.

Valued Contributor

He might be sick.  He was on Thursday night and his voice was rough and he was drinking water on the set.  He just wasnt' his effervescent self.

Honored Contributor

Just replay one from a few weeks ago.  

Honored Contributor

This thread is a veritable gold mine of misinformation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment