Frequent Contributor

In earlier days David did not talk fast as he does now. I wonder why he does it? Is this a "selling technique" or is it that he has too much info (requirement){#emotions_dlg.confused1} to get out in too short a period of time?

Honored Contributor

I think QVC ""requires"" it so they can fit more items into each show. All the hosts seem to be talking so fast and also doing the hard sell now. One of the reasons I don't watch much any more.

Respected Contributor

I'll probably be called a David Hater again, which I am not. But I agree that this speed speak is not a good thing. I stopped watching David a long while back when I got dizzy from watching all the Happy Dances, but yesterday I did try to watch because I wanted to see how they used the Muppets during the day. Love those Muppets!!

Way too much fast talking. I'll try not to mention the multiple, highly frequent Happy Dances! I did notice him sort of tripping over his words several times - tongue moving faster than brain perhaps?

DH walked in while the show was on, and commented that if he'd talk slower so people could understand what he's saying he might sell more. He watched for a couple of minutes, and then said, "That poor man must be a nervous wreck, otherwise he'd calm down". Perhaps he has a point. Maybe it's nerves. Whatever, it would sure make him easier to watch if he could slow it down a bit.