Respected Contributor

Does anyone have it? I toggle among a few boards at the same time, so I'm not sure if it was here, but I remember lamenting the fact that I couldn't find the vintage Corning Ware casseroles in black (I do no online shopping). A poster mentioned that she had the black, and loved it.

I finally found one, at a big antique shop blowout. It's a smaller casserole, perfect for us right now. When I bent down to pick it up, I thought it was just another black casserole--I love black, so probably would have gotten it anyway. When I spotted the distinctive lines/ridges, I was thrilled. I've had the complete set of French white, a beautiful off-white shade rather than stark white (I'd call it a "vanilla" shade) for years, and love it. I'll be on the lookout for more of the black.

I found a vintage Pryex flameware teapot plus the Corning Ware--not a bad day!

What worries you masters you.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Vintage Black Corning Ware

I have a piece of black Corning Ware that was my Mothers and I love it - it's 9 x 6 1/2 and has little white snowflakes on the side - I've never any other black pieces but will keep an eye open - I like it too
Valued Contributor

I seem to remember the black version of French White. Enjoy your new treasures.
Valued Contributor

On 3/15/2014 oneson4me said: I have a piece of black Corning Ware that was my Mothers and I love it - it's 9 x 6 1/2 and has little white snowflakes on the side - I've never any other black pieces but will keep an eye open - I like it too
We still have my father's mother's snowflake casserole. Use it frequently, more than the modern corningware. My mother's cornflower pieces did not last half as long, they've all been broken.
Valued Contributor

I have a black casserole with snowflakes on it. It's not Corning Ware, it's Pyrex. Found it at a rummage sales a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

Black is my favorite color! I have a few pieces of the black version of Corning Ware's French white and they are beautiful. I got mine on ebay. I will only buy stuff that's in excellent, like new, condition and I was not disappointed.

The black ones I have were made in France, but they are the same exact Pyroceram as the US-made French White.

Since you don't shop online, I cannot imagine where you'd find them unless you got really lucky at a garage sale. If you ever want to check out ebay, you'll pretty much always find some pieces.

Honored Contributor

I have the cornflower, and French white, but don't remember the black. I also have a set like the French white, but it has little "aqua" color flowers. Keeping them in case I ever decide to rid myself of TT. I find TT cleans up better than Corningware. Seems I always had to reclean after they came out of dishwasher and TT comes out completely clean 99% of the time.

Honored Contributor

What sort of cleaning problems do some folks have with Corning Ware? I've had many of my pieces for ages and they still look pristine.

I find them to be very easy to wash, no matter what I baked in them. But the ones I have are the old Pyroceram, so it's not an equal comparison, I suppose, to stoneware. The newer Corning Ware is stoneware, made in China, so maybe it's more like the TT pieces. The pyroceram is more like porcelain, I suppose, what with the super smooth, shiny, surface. But it cleans up extremely well. I've never had a piece stain or had food stuck to it.

Respected Contributor

While searching for other things, I've seen quite a few pieces of black Corning Ware on eBay.

Contributor

I received the French Black Corningware for a wedding gift almost 21 years ago and it looks as good today as it did when I got it. I use it all the time, along with my french white, and I absolutely love it still to this day Smiley Happy I also agree with Chickenbutt, it's very easy clean up!