Respected Contributor

@4kitties  That little Rival is a cutie, too.  I wasn't aware there were these casserole sizes in crock pots.  And here I thought I had everything I needed.  ha.

Honored Contributor

I would be skeptical of how well those little flat ones would heat and hold heat. . . Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

I have been very happy with them both.  They cook just like the deeper crock pots.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I would be skeptical of how well those little flat ones would heat and hold heat. . . Woman Frustrated

The small Crock Pot one has latches on it. See the picture above.

Respected Contributor
I love the Moroccan-like pattern, and the size would be nice for just the two of us.

Amazon has it for just under $27. But reviews are mixed. Those lucky enough to have received theirs without imperfections love it. Others have encountered chips and even melting glue, which could cause the handle(s) to come off.

This lack of quality control annoys the heck out of me. There's no reason why everything shouldn't be a 5-star review. Quality workmanship is, sadly, hit-and-miss today.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I ordered the smaller model that 4kitties recommended because it is smaller and the Amazon price is good.  Those reviews are worrisome but I might get lucky and get one without any of the problems some people had with glazing or broken clips.  I don't really care about the clips because I won't be transporting it outside of the house. 

Before ordering I visited TJ Maxx and Goodwill thinking one of them might happen to show up but no.  Amazon is offering one reburbished for a couple dollars knocked off and for a brief moment I considered that because I knew it would come without major damage but decided to go wild, gamble, and spend the $2 bucks, go for gold.

Thanks to all of you for offering your opinons. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cute Little Slow Cooker

[ Edited ]

A few years ago, I looked into a similar, but rectangular, small slow-cooker casserole by Crock-Pot and almost ordered it from their website, until I read the reviews. 

I couldn't find enough good comments to want to try it out.  At that time, it was being sold in stores, too.  I think I remember ads for ii from Kohl's or Target.

The round one looks just as cute and nice, but suspect that it's the shallow nature of the thing that might  make owners unhappy with the  cooking performance.

However, maybe the round shape is better than the rectangular.

Respected Contributor

The small crock pot that I ordered on the 18th arrived today without any broken parts and no flaws that other Amazon customers complained about.  (Phew!)  It's exactly like the little Crock Pot photo here. 

I found a website for crock pot cooking for two using this size.  There are probably other sites like it.  It will be a helpful guide to keep this little sweetie from overflowing.

I wanted to pass on that you can have some assurance that you probably won't receive a defective or used product while paying for perfectly new, in this case, or get lucky like me.

Respected Contributor

@froggy I found a slow cooker crock pot brand about 8 years ago and it turns itself off and puts it on keep warm. So much better , no babysitting it. The price was messed up and the guy at kroger sold it to me for $35.00, and it was origially around $ 80.00.Plus a coupon for $5.00 for any kind of meat.