Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Mini Multi-Cooker

@soonersis @Fantastic, thanks so much! I'll use this for brown rice (regretfully I didn't get the cookbook).

Trusted Contributor

@Thats Me Let me know if the Multi-Cook cycle works for brown rice.  I wonder if 30 minutes would be enough for that as I usually cook it longer on the stove.  Maybe the 60 minute Slow Cook cycle would be better for brown rice?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @soonersis, here's the report: I took 2 oz of brown rice and 2 oz of lentils, one+ cup of water with a dab of better than bouillon.

it needed about 45 minutes of multi-cooking. I found that after completing the initial 30min cycle it switched to keep warm, but I had to unplug it and then plug it back in to get another multi-cook cycle going. So I just unplugged the unit after 15min of the 2nd cycle.

I served the rice and lentils with sautéed kale, a chopped tomato, a chopped small avocado, yogurt, and a little sriracha. It was really good!

This thing is a bit finicky. I wish it had an on-off button. Still, for being able to do the small amount I want, it's great. I've never had a rice cooker and have not seen them in such a small size as this. I don't want to store rice in the fridge.

I'll continue to experiment! 

Trusted Contributor

@Thats Me Your dish sounds healthy.  I also wish it had an on/off button, but it's not a problem to just unplug it.  I haven't made a recipe from the cookbook yet but have been looking at them.  Definitely has some things I will make so believe I'm glad to have gotten it.

Trusted Contributor

I made the lemon poppy seed cake recipe from the cookbook on Sunday.  Since I don't use regular flour or sugar I substituted Bob's Red Mill Paleo flour and Lakanto monk fruit sweetener (same amounts) with everything else the same.  Baked with the "Bake" function mode and it came out perfectly.  Sprayed the pan with avocado oil and it slipped right out after letting it cool for 5 minutes.  Would definitely make this again.