Respected Contributor

Is it really that good? Sunday, I wanted to get his set of 2 fry pans, but they sold out.  It doesn't seem like HSN has advance orders, either.  Wonder when they'll be back in stock and if I should wait or buy another brand.  Any suggestions? 

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinkerwrote:

Is it really that good? Sunday, I wanted to get his set of 2 fry pans, but they sold out.  It doesn't seem like HSN has advance orders, either.  Wonder when they'll be back in stock and if I should wait or buy another brand.  Any suggestions? 

@coffee drinker:  Yes!  I got rid of all my pots and pans and now only use his and I also have some of the ones from Chef Ming but Curtis Stone's is the best I ever had.  Nothing sticks, and I mean nothing, cleans up so easy, and cooks everything to perfection.  If you sign up under his items (there is a box) you will be sent an email in advance of when he is going to be on and can order before it is aired.  I bought the last TSV and it sold out in no time.   I only use the ones that have the black speckled inside and colored on the outside, not the aluminum ones. I use his large 9x13 pan that has the raised grill marks for my chicken wings - the best!  No PFOA either.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!!  I have slowly replaced all my pots and pans with Curtis Stone cookware.  Excellent quality and as the poster above said - clean up is a breeze.

Definitely recommend.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals@twinsister

Thanks to both of you.  I guess I'll have to wait for Curtis to return to purchase.

One question -- one of you mentioned colored pans not aluminum.  Why and what's the difference?

Honored Contributor

I've had Farberware, Cooks Essentials, T-Fal, etc. and his are the best.   Happy to be able to get pieces in white to match my kitchen.  Clean-up is so easy.  Sometimes HSN does have "extended delivery" when something is temporarily out of stock.  (similar to QVC's waitlist.)

Contributor

@coffee drinkerwrote:

His cookware is incredible. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinkerwrote:

Thanks to both of you.  I guess I'll have to wait for Curtis to return to purchase.

One question -- one of you mentioned colored pans not aluminum.  Why and what's the difference?

What you want are his DuraPans.  They are the ones with the nonstick coating.  

I'm currently testing out one of his pans to see if it stands the test of time.  A lot of the super nothing sticks to it pans work great until one day they don't and then everything sticks to them.  So far so good, and everything I'm hearing is his pans don't do that.  I'm still good with my old Kirkland Hard Anodized for most purposes, but I did need to replace my big fry pan, so that's what I got in the Curtis Stone line.  

I wanted to try the Ming Tsay pans (they're so pretty), but I have his air fryer which I think has the same coating in it.  I love the AF, but the nonstick coating started sticking pretty quickly and gets a buildup of baked on grease I can't get off.  And, yes, I did wash the baskets every time I used it, still do.  I use perforated parchment sheets in it now.

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinkerwrote:

There is no coating on the aluminum pans. The colored ones, that are black and have tiny speckles inside, are the ones that are most popular and the ones that I use ((they were his last TSV).  Also, free of PFOA.  I cannot say enough about this line, love them. 

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals

Please indulge me one more time.  If you could check these 2 items on HSN, I might understand which are the better fry pans.  

Item 593-109 are Dura pans, stainless steel $60 for 8 & 12" pans.  Those were the ones I missed out on Sunday.

Item 495-609 Is a complete set, but shows a red Dura pan fry pan.

Both pans have the speckles which is why I'm confused.  Aren't both pans basically the same?

TIA.

It would be so much easier if we could just pick up a phone and call.

Contributor

@CoffeeDrinker -- are they not the same inside?  I have a few of his pans...the Dura one...in blue which has the lid that also is a pan.  I sent one to my son, he loves it!  I do too.  Almost guiity getting rid of some of the others....but just love his pans.  I believe I have one of each...the stainless steel I have, large pan with the steamer on top...also have his cookie sheets and I also purchase for son the large grill pan (outside grill, or double burners inside).  They are just great!