Respected Contributor

I just tried a cheeseburger and cheese curds from culverts.my 1st time eating there.i would say,for fast food,it wasn't to bad.price wise,pricey!it would cost a family a fortune for this takeout food

Honored Contributor

I agree, the food is decent.  But the prices are high, so is Chick Fil A.  Got two chicken clubs and two fries last n8ght ..... $19.60!!  $19.60!!.... No drinks.  

Going out for fast food drive thrus seems to be getting to be a financial challenge.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

We ate at Culvers last night.  I like their food but I agree would be pricey for a family for fast food. Their frozen custard is great. 

Respected Contributor

There's a Culver's near me & though I don't eat it often, I think they have the best fast food in these parts.

Super Contributor

We always order the kid's hamburger meal with everything. You get fries, small drink, and one scoop frozen custard in a cone or bowl. The kid's burger is a decent size. You can't beat the price, in my opinion. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with @Toot1920. I ALWAYS get the kid's meal (and I used to even get a senior discount on that!). When my dad was living with me, he would print out the ice cream flavor list and let me kow when we would be going there for dinner. He was uncomfortable ordering a kid's meal, but sure let me order for him! The burgers are the same size as the regular ones - just the fries and drink are smaller, and that's fine with me. Also, the small scoop of ice cream is perfect and you even get to have a topping on it. Can't beat that for $6.51.

But, the prices for the other meals (their Reuben is yummy!) can add up to around $10 for a whole meal. 

I love that you can order a burger patty for your dog (they serve it with no seasoning in a carton). And, if you ask, you can also get a little puppy cup of vanilla ice cream. When I was going to celebrate my dog's birthday with him, I thought we would have a picnic on the floor, but then I realized that by the time I got myself down there, he was already done with his burger, so that didn't work!

We LOVE Culver's!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

yes,I've noticed chick fil a has really gone up in price.i like their grilled chicken and low cal lemonade

Trusted Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

We always order the kid's hamburger meal with everything. You get fries, small drink, and one scoop frozen custard in a cone or bowl. The kid's burger is a decent size. You can't beat the price, in my opinion. 

I paid $18.00 last night for a fish sandwich, onion rings, coleslaw, and a large ice tea. It was delicious, but I agree with the others, it was expensive. Wish I could afford to eat there more often. 

Esteemed Contributor

In our small town Culvers is our favorite take out (we do it about every two weeks).  I love their Cod and fries, DH loves their double cheesburger;  think with their quality and CS make their pricing OK.

Respected Contributor

Love Culvers!  Variety of food and it is good!  They do have some basket or snack combo meals that are reasonable, but if you order things separately off the menu it does get pricier. McDonalds isn't so cheap anymore either - actually nothing is!

just a side note - my meal has been paid for 2 different times by the car ahead of me and I have paid once for the car behind me!  🎉😀💝🎉

It was pretty cool - made my day!

eta - this was at Culvers