Frequent Contributor

I received a a 6 Qt Crockpot as a Christmas Gift. It has an oval lid with a handle in the middle. I get moisture accumulating under the seal of the handle and don't know if this is something that happens or if I need to exhange it for another. I have used the crockpot several times and the moisture has never evaporated. I'd appreciate any opinions. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

The moisture is normal and is taken into consideration in recipes.  I just posted a receipe for crockpot dressing & chicken which specifically says to not remove the lid during cooking because the condensation adds to the needed moisture in the food.  There are recipes for some things like baked good where the moisture is not wanted and they'll have special instructions, such as laying a dish towel under the lid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

ceh, the condensation/moisture under the lid is normal and nothing to worry about.

Honored Contributor

new cook, probably.

Trusted Contributor

@ceh wrote:

I received a a 6 Qt Crockpot as a Christmas Gift. It has an oval lid with a handle in the middle. I get moisture accumulating under the seal of the handle and don't know if this is something that happens or if I need to exhange it for another. I have used the crockpot several times and the moisture has never evaporated. I'd appreciate any opinions. Thanks!

@ceh I also have moisture that accumulates under the handle. I've had my oval Crock Pot for years, and it's never gotten moldy or anything there. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crockpot Question

[ Edited ]

My crock pot lid does the same around the handle. I pull on the handle a little and the water comes out. As other posters said nothing to worry about. Enjoy crock cooking! 

Trusted Contributor

@ceh, Yep it happens with mine as well.  It seems to be normal and I do not believe it changes any cook results or cook times.

Enjoy the new Crock

Frequent Contributor

Thank you.