Esteemed Contributor

What size would you (users) recommend for two people?

I would use it for meat cutlets and bean dishes.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

I'm anxious to see what is said about this. I recently asked this question to a Store I go to regularly and was told to go with a 4qt. The reason you don't want a large slow cooker and fill it with minimal food. There are two of us as well. I do have a Son,his Girlfriend and my Grandson over Usually not all the time and all at the same time.

Occasional Contributor

I have a 4 quart oval Hamilton Beach slow cooker. It gets the most use of the three I have. I can put small roasts, chicken pieces or stew beef in it and make enough for a couple of meals. It's great for making small amounts of soup or, stock from chicken carcasses. Mine came with a small recipe book which I occasionally refer to; mostly I just wing it. I've had this one for about 15 years and love it.

Trusted Contributor

I have several crock pots in various sizes. When it's just DH and me (and if I'm not cooking for the freezer as well), I use a 4-quart old Rival. When I'm cooking for the whole family or a picnic and I'm making Crock Pot Beans or Crock Pot Stuffing, I use my large crock pot, but not sure of the size.....I know that the beans and the stuffing fill that crock pot right to the top, so I can't use anything smaller. But normally, it's the 4-quart for just the two of us.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'll look into the 4 quart crock pots!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

It's the one thing I've never bought. LOL it amazes all my friends since they call me the gadget queen.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I have an old Rival round 4 qt., am thinking about adding a 6 qt. one, for when I make larger amounts. Actually what I really want is an oval, as I think those are more useful than the round ones.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I thought those Ninja 4 in 1 cookers were also crockpots? No? I'd probably buy that if I felt the urge to get one.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I have the 6 quart - tried bigger and smaller ones - they did not work. I too, prefer the oval as with meats, the fit is better. I lived alone for a long time, then had my great grand for 10 years and this size always worked. Now I have more displaced persons in my house and that size still works for me and I much prefer Nesco. Actually it is a roaster oven - but has the slow cooker level - just LOVE it. I feel strongly about Nesco and this size - have tried others and always give them away. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Honored Contributor

I have a 4 qt. and a 6 qt.

I never need the larger one when cooking for the two of us.

~ house cat ~