Respected Contributor

Re: Countertop Recommandations

had tile countertops and hated them. Very hard to keep the grout clean. Now I have quartz counters in a pretty lime green, they are beautiful and easy to clean. However, I never put pans hot out of the oven or off the stove tops on the counters. I use trivets.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just put in new coutertop in the kit & bath downstairs. It's a composite of granite, marble, recycled glass for sparkle, This company measures, custom cuts it, and lays it on top of existing so zero mess in tearing up anything.

We put in a beautiful white in the bath and a soft grey with recycled sparkles (very tiny pieces) here and there. The finish in the kit looks like 'cement' hence the name color 'platinum cement'.

I absolutely LOVE both especially the kitchen. I just stand there and stare at it, sunlight hits it and it just glows in a very minimal state. The backsplash is a mosaic in greys (dark & light) and a silver that looks like mercury glass. The two pieces look great together. Loving my kitchen & bath!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's the company's name? Sound great...looking for a no-mess revamp. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

We just put in new coutertop in the kit & bath downstairs. It's a composite of granite, marble, recycled glass for sparkle, This company measures, custom cuts it, and lays it on top of existing so zero mess in tearing up anything.

We put in a beautiful white in the bath and a soft grey with recycled sparkles (very tiny pieces) here and there. The finish in the kit looks like 'cement' hence the name color 'platinum cemet'.

I absolutely LOVE both especially the kitchen. I just stand there and stare at it, sunlight hits it and it just glows in a very minimal state. The backsplash is a mosaic in greys (dark & light) and a silver that looks like mercury glass. The two pieces look great together. Loving my kitchen & bath!

I had looked at this with interest one or two kitchens ago. Maybe this time it’s the winner! Please do post the name of the material.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn   This companyy we worked with (I found on google in the Columbus OH area) is called Granite Transformations. I highly recommend anyone considering a re-do. Our sales guy was great, very nice, showed us color choices to see & touch (step 1), he then set up an appt for me (step 2) for the measurement guy to take all the measurements, make a template for both the countertop & backsplash (kit) and the countertop in the bathrm along with a new white sink bowl. Step 3 was the one day install of both tops, backsplash & sink. The installer was great too, very precise, did a beautiful job.

I was and still am blown away at the beauty of it all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann   Granite Transformations is the name of the company we worked with. I found them on google in the Columbus OH area but they are around in other cities. They have a great selection of colors, mix of materials, patterns in backsplashes too.

I cannot speak highly enough of them and their process. NO MESS, truly, even in the install process.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@violann   Granite Transformations is the name of the company we worked with. I found them on google in the Columbus OH area but they are around in other cities. They have a great selection of colors, mix of materials, patterns in backsplashes too.

I cannot speak highly enough of them and their process. NO MESS, truly, even in the install process.

@PINKdogWOOD - Heading right now to Google!