Honored Contributor

Currently have BLACK!!!!! countertops which I hate.  Any suggestions/recomendations?? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Countertop Recommandations

@kaydee50   We are very pleased with the quartz countertops we ordered from Lowe's a few years ago.  

Respected Contributor

I had black granite in my master bath. Hated it. Put marble in (Diane reale). It’s beautiful. Did two other bathrooms, Carrara marble in on, quartz in other. But since you’re asking for kitchen , I think, definitely quartz.
Honored Contributor

My all time favorite.....

Butcher Block

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Just a few weeks ago replaced my dark green laminate counters. Buh Bye!

Went with a "leather" treatment marble that looks and functions like granite. Was less expensive where I shop than quartz and I like the look and feel of the natural stone.

All depends on the colors, light and size/ scale of your kitchen. 

Good luck and enjoy the process.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

Currently have BLACK!!!!! countertops which I hate.  Any suggestions/recomendations?? TIA!

Go with QUARTZ. DON'T go with Butcher Block. REALLY outdated, and it DOESN'T hold up well.Corian is also OUTDATED.

Honored Contributor

I won't trade in my Corian-ever!  I have a lot of wood inside the house, and the lot is totally wooded.  I also chase down bacteria, so I need to easily see what's on my counter top.  I have almond Corian, and no seam with the sink.  Counters take a fair amount of kitchen space, and the cream color bounces the light in place of adding more darkness.

My cabnets are the same color as in this kitchen.

Image result for kitchen showing corian

I would never chose a dark counter top, although this is Corian as well.

Image result for kitchen showing corian

Honored Contributor

I had a black sparkle granite countertop in my old house. I still LOVED that color the best. I have a multicolor granite now. Its nice but I'm already tired of its business. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Go with QUARTZ. DON'T go with Butcher Block. REALLY outdated and DON'T hold up well.

I LOVE “OUTDATED”! Thanks SO MUCH for the tip!!!

The BEST, most reasonable , toughest counter surfacing I ever had was a Wilsonart composition material that was exactly the color, texture, and design that I wanted at the time for my kitchen.

Not surprisingly, it was IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUED.

Advice- NEVER fall deeply in love with your countertops.

Esteemed Contributor

I have white Corian countertops in the kitchen and all 3 bathrooms. Love them. Easy to clean and they always look new. I'd get them again.