Honored Contributor

Could this be more impractical?

I've been studying cottage design kitchens, which seems to be the look I favor. I came across this one and sat shaking my head.

Really?

I can hardly think of anything less practical than this frilly skirt in a busy kitchen.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 5.58.17 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could this be more impractical?

@house_cat. Definitely not practical.   It would need to be washed and ironed almost daily.  

Frequent Contributor

OMG - thank you for the laugh!  I can't even imagine trying to keep it clean and spotless if you actually cook anywhere near it. And even if you don't it's just a giant dust catcher. Just YUK and No Thsnk You!

Honored Contributor

Not practical or fitting for a kitchen, a big no for me!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know which is worse, skirts or shelves.  I saw a realty ad for a house in my neighborhood where they'd removed all the upper cabinets that were replaced by shelves.  As dusty as it is here in the desert, that would be an automatic deal killer.  You'd be washing dishes before and after a meal.  It was a dumb, dumb move by the owner.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

WOW!! .... I can’t even imagine trying to keep the “skirt” clean!!!!!  ..... definitely not something that would appeal to me 👎

Super Contributor

That is hilarious, and not even attractive.  I’m with you on liking the cottage kitchen look, but I don’t think that’s it!  It’s more like a vanity table skirt.  Especially funny because I very rarely cook, but it still wouldn’t work for me.  Who thought that was a cute idea??

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know which is worse, skirts or shelves.  I saw a realty ad for a house in my neighborhood where they'd removed all the upper cabinets that were replaced by shelves.  As dusty as it is here in the desert, that would be an automatic deal killer.  You'd be washing dishes before and after a meal.  It was a dumb, dumb move by the owner.

Yeah I don't get open shelves either.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

All of those white ruffles are a disaster waiting to happen!

Respected Contributor

My folks had carpet in our kitchen and bathroom in the sixties. The indoor outdoor type. It was a thing back then. Truly gross. 

Harmonize the World