Honored Contributor

I don't know why but today my spouse decided after talking to friends we needed to join Costco🤷‍♀️. I really think he wanted to join to buy the kids and family a plan. They both have families who could use bulk.  

They did have stock of all "essentials" most have been looking for during this pandemic.

he wanted to trythe crab cakes sold by Phillips / Graham & Rollins.  They are frozen, 4 oz cakes, 6 for $19.97.  I wasn't sure how good they could be but remembered years ago Q sold them for much more.

Surprsingly, they were very good!  I pan fried and finished in oven. Served with coleslaw, fries and mac n cheese.  

I told him of all times to join Costco when we have stocked pantry & freezer!  No room for much! I will definitely shop there again!

I also liked they had fresh fish, meats packaged in smaller sizes and a nice selection of prepared foods. Tomorrow, we're gonna try the chicken alfredo linquine pasta bake from the prepared section.

I was impressed with the produce section and cheese selections.  Will really come in handy when we start entertaining again.

The bakery had a nice selection.  I had willpower they had decadent chocolate cake -- much to much for just 2!

Its on a good 1-1.5 hours away.  I'm gonna go back when my freezer is empty. About 2 weeks...I'm already making a list of things I'll get.

I'm glad he wanted to go as a lot of people have told us about it. Best thing today, they sell gas it was $1.54/gal figures I didn't need gas☹️

Respected Contributor

Costco is about 10 miles from me & just 2 of us also. I haven't went since the virus but they would give out samples (guess those days are gone) next thing you know you are buying it. Love their clothes, bath towels & plants. Sometimes they have an arrangement of summer plants I had good luck with them. We get our K-cups there, DH likes starbucks & I like kirkland brand. The bakery is great, love their pound cake but have to freeze it. Hope you have a vacuum sealer to seperate all the goodies. If you see it buy it because next time you go back it maybe gone. I have even ordered things on line. Great return policy, they usually will refund if you aren't happy. Gift cards to resturants or movies are cheaper than the actual price good deal. 

Respected Contributor

I don't shop  Coscto often.  I do like to buy toilet paper, paper towels, dish liquid, and aluminum foil there.  It lasts a very long time for us.  I used to buy some meat...organic chicken breasts and beef, but I had stopped freezing meat and preferred to buy week by week with just what I needed (fresher).  But I'm back now to freezing due to the virus.  Sometimes I will get there bag of nuts, either pistachios or almonds.  They're good.  Their cheesecakes are pretty popular.  In the bakery department they have a package of chocolate crossiants for $6.99.  They're good!  I don't think I could travel as far as you do to go to Costco.  I guess make a whole day of it, do some other shopping in the area and go out to eat.  Pack a cooler so you can bring home your frozens and keep the cool stuff cool.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I don't know why but today my spouse decided after talking to friends we needed to join Costco🤷‍♀️. I really think he wanted to join to buy the kids and family a plan. They both have families who could use bulk.  

They did have stock of all "essentials" most have been looking for during this pandemic.

he wanted to trythe crab cakes sold by Phillips / Graham & Rollins.  They are frozen, 4 oz cakes, 6 for $19.97.  I wasn't sure how good they could be but remembered years ago Q sold them for much more.

Surprsingly, they were very good!  I pan fried and finished in oven. Served with coleslaw, fries and mac n cheese.  

I told him of all times to join Costco when we have stocked pantry & freezer!  No room for much! I will definitely shop there again!

I also liked they had fresh fish, meats packaged in smaller sizes and a nice selection of prepared foods. Tomorrow, we're gonna try the chicken alfredo linquine pasta bake from the prepared section.

I was impressed with the produce section and cheese selections.  Will really come in handy when we start entertaining again.

The bakery had a nice selection.  I had willpower they had decadent chocolate cake -- much to much for just 2!

Its on a good 1-1.5 hours away.  I'm gonna go back when my freezer is empty. About 2 weeks...I'm already making a list of things I'll get.

I'm glad he wanted to go as a lot of people have told us about it. Best thing today, they sell gas it was $1.54/gal figures I didn't need gas☹️

we are huge Costco shoppers, usually couple of times/month buy just about everything

there are 2 within 20-30 mins 

Respected Contributor

You might want to consider the membership that gives you 2% back. I spend around $300 a month and with the 2% back it pays for my membership. Love to shop there but have to control myself.

Respected Contributor

the rotisserie chickens are good, too.

Respected Contributor

Even though Costco offers smaller sizes, consider getting a Food Saver or similar "shrink wrapping" machine, especially since you live so far away from your Costco. We've belonged to BJ's for over 25 years and have had a Food Saver the entire time. Our original Food Saver died about a year ago and I replaced it with a Nutrichef one, mainly because of its smaller footprint on our counter. It uses the Food Saver bags. Even though BJ's also sells smaller quantities, I like to buy the larger pork loin roasts and cut them down into smaller roasts and chops, which I shrink wrap and freeze until we use them. It's also good for dried fruits and other pantry items. Enjoy your new membership!

Valued Contributor

I went to Costco yesterday for the first time since the pandemic hit.  My previous visit had been early February so I was pretty well stocked up with the items I buy there.  I was very surprised and pleased at how well organized the setup was.  Lining up outside, several employees to make certain everyone was maintaining social distancing while waiting.  Handing carts out and wiping down the handles prior to giving them to the shoppers.  Lines set up to allow only a certain number of people in at a time.  Good markings on the floors and a consistent announcement to make certain to maintain 6 feet apart.  I was in and out in about 40 minutes which is a record for me.  My receipt was taped to the front of the cart so that the employee at the exit didn't have to touch anything.  Local grocery stores are trying but they pale in comparison to Costco.

Respected Contributor

Costco meat is fantastic. The beef is well trimmed and their stew meat is great - not just the odds and ends you get at a regular market. There is nowhere else you can get a big rotisserie chicken for $5. I buy a lot of Tillamook cheese blocks, cut them up into 1/2 lb pieces and freeze them in foodsaver bags.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Costco meat is fantastic. The beef is well trimmed and their stew meat is great - not just the odds and ends you get at a regular market. There is nowhere else you can get a big rotisserie chicken for $5. I buy a lot of Tillamook cheese blocks, cut them up into 1/2 lb pieces and freeze them in foodsaver bags.

@froggy . Yes, their rotisserie chickens are very big.