Respected Contributor

Re: Costco StretchTite plastic wrap, gone?

@JGalt wrote:

@noodleann , Thank you for all the info.  I did see the listings on Amazon, so I will get it there.  I definitely cannot bring it up on Costco website, not using the number you provided nor any term I can come up with.

I hope someone who tries the new Costco plastic wrap will let us know how it is.  If I could readily get to the store, I would buy it and return it if I found it unsatisfactory.  How I wish I lived nearly next door to Costco!

edit:  wanted to mention I agree with you...I never put plastic wrap in the microwave.  I cover food in the microwave with a hard plastic cover that has a fairly big hole in the center.  It washes quickly in the sink so it's no trouble to use

@JGalt  On the Costco website just search for "plastic wrap" or item #208733

Super Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

@noodleann , Thank you for all the info.  I did see the listings on Amazon, so I will get it there.  I definitely cannot bring it up on Costco website, not using the number you provided nor any term I can come up with.

I hope someone who tries the new Costco plastic wrap will let us know how it is.  If I could readily get to the store, I would buy it and return it if I found it unsatisfactory.  How I wish I lived nearly next door to Costco!

edit:  wanted to mention I agree with you...I never put plastic wrap in the microwave.  I cover food in the microwave with a hard plastic cover that has a fairly big hole in the center.  It washes quickly in the sink so it's no trouble to use

Sorry but it is not on the website in my location. I tried plastic wrap & the # & nothing came up. I just ordered from Amazon last night & hope to get it on Friday.

Occasional Contributor

BJ's Warehouse sells a 2 box pkg (500 sq. ft. ea. box) for $9.99.

I called Costco to ask if the new brand is BPA free & the CS rep told me that he would call the Research Dept. & call me back.  That was over 3 wks. ago & no one has called me back.  I called again & after on hold for 20 mins., the CS rep told me that no one knows if it's BPA free & she thought it's made in Canada. When  I returned my unopened "blue" box (which has Canada on the label), I was told that it COULD be the same as Stretch-Tite with different packaging but no one in the warehouse knew for sure.

I only use parchment paper for the micro & never use plastic wrap.

Super Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

Sorry but it is not on the website in my location. I tried plastic wrap & the # & nothing came up. I just ordered from Amazon last night & hope to get it on Friday.

UPDATE:  Just received my 2 pack of Costco Stretch-tite with cutter from Amazon for $25.99 with free delivery. I was running low so this will last me for months & months. Didn't want to take the chance of not having it as it is the best food wrap I have ever used.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt   I use PressNSeal nowadays.  I saw a package of the StretchTite in my pantry and I've used it before, but I can't remember if I liked it or not.   But I've been using the PressNSeal for quite a while. It sticks to bowls/plates, etc. and I don't have any compaints about it.  Sams Club has it currently.

Honored Contributor

I was at Costco this morning to pick up a prescription and get some toilet paper and paper towels of which they had neither but they did have the Stretch-Tite Plastic wrap.  

Trusted Contributor

@JGalt - CVS sells Stretchtite plastic wrap private labeled under the name Total Home (their brand) Stretchtite plastic wrap.  It is a 250 sq. ft. roll for $3.99 and I've been using it for several years as it fits in the dispenser I bought from QVC.  I am emailed a 30% or 40% coupon from CVS almost every week on an item that is not on sale.  I just got one today and after the coupon, it is very reasonable.  It is the same quality wrap that I used to buy from Costco just in a smaller size.

Valued Contributor

I have found it interesting to learn from this thread that what appears on costco dot com varies, by location, I guess. It never occured to me that the online source would carry different products here and there...must have something to do with distribution centers.

I used every possible term to search on costco for plastic wrap and also just went through every item by category.  There is none shown, not of any kind. Since I live in a somewhat rural area of Texas, I do most of my shopping online. I know how to search.

I appreciate learning here about Freeze-tite.  Had never seen it or heard of it, so I paid a ridiculous price for two rolls from a vendor through amazon.  Having just received it, I can't yet attest, but it is a lot thicker than the Stretch-tite, yet does a great job sticking to itself.  It unrolled easily and has the same type box with the zip cutter...love that. Storing it is a bit of a challenge because the box is over 16" whereas the Stretch-tite box is 13".  This supply will last me a long time.

I appreciate this conversation.  I LOVE learning...all kinds of things.

Valued Contributor

My Costco was out of it in September but they had it online so I ordered the 2-pack from them.  It's now back in stock in the store.

Super Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

UPDATE:  Just received my 2 pack of Costco Stretch-tite with cutter from Amazon for $25.99 with free delivery. I was running low so this will last me for months & months. Didn't want to take the chance of not having it as it is the best food wrap I have ever used.

I recently ordered from Costco for $11.29. Saw this thread and was concerned I couldn't get this product so checked Costco right away and there it was. Even though I currently have some, I ordered in case there would be some problem getting it in the future. It sits out in an easy-to-get-to place as I use it all the time. Wonder why some can get online at Costco and other not?