Honored Contributor

Re: Costco Members Please Help Me!

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 wrote:

Sometimes, Costco sells a product for a limited time and then you never see it again.  Its products can  also differ by region and individual store.

@novamc1-

I'm glad you pointed that out.

When I went with my mother to Costco once we were looking for one of her favorite things that we had gotten there several weeks ago.

It was nowhere and we thought we were going crazy-did we imagine we saw it there? etc.

I notice lately Walmart has done the same thing. I know I'm not the only one wandering the isles looking for that illusive thing that we always used to find there!

Very frustrating.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@kitty4me wrote:

I'm trying to locate a Salmon product that was sold in the freezer Section. I believe it was Smoked though I could be wrong here. Well I remember it being kind of sweet and came with these Parchment packets that you put the Salmon in a rolled it shut  It could be baked in the Oven or put on the BBQ Grill. It was sold early in the Summer. I know I'm not crazy. Please surely I'm not the only Person who has had this Salmon? I don't eat Salmon but this was really good.

we are there a lot, and I mean a lot havent seen those.

could be seasonal.  

Also regional. What different stores in different areas stock will vary. Or if it didn't sell well in a particular store they may not stock it again.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon I'm positive.. I watched her make it . She put the Salmon in this packet rolled the end up and put it in their Oven and they were right there by her in the Freezer section. I don't eat Salmon but this one was really good and kind of sweet.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

Sometimes, Costco sells a product for a limited time and then you never see it again.  Its products can  also differ by region and individual store.

@novamc1-

I'm glad you pointed that out.

When I went with my mother to Costco once we were looking for one of her favorite things that we had gotten there several weeks ago.

It was nowhere and we thought we were going crazy-did we imagine we saw it there? etc.

I notice lately Walmart has done the same thing. I know I'm not the only one wandering the isles looking for that illusive thing that we always used to find there!

Very frustrating.

This is the single most frustrating aspect for me of shopping at TJ's. Not re-stocking items that didn't sell "well enough" (but that I might love and want to buy all the time) is a basic part of their business model. I suppose it's inevitable that more stores will do it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@henderson this was at the Costco I always go too. It is near my House.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde It is like I'm crazy... I get upset when stores do this and yes this has happened to me at TJ's but they told me they discontinued it. The Guy yesterday looked at me like I was crazy. Costco didn't even bother to look for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A key feature of Costco's business plan is to make each visit a "treasure hunt", where you'll find something new all the time and the lineup of goods is always changing.  That's  part of what keeps people coming back.  That "adventure experience", plus the membership fee, is how the company makes most of its money.

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, I'm so happy I found the Product. I called this Company that it might be sold by and they do make it. It is by Morey's. It's sold at Costco and Sams Club. I also have the Item number for both Stores. I knew I wasn't crazy...

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu I was up there and there was a Woman and a gentleman and neither looked it up or should I say bothered to look the item up. I reallt=y thought they were rude.

Trusted Contributor

I called Costco gave them the Item number and they do carry it in Store and it isn't Seasonal. It is called Morey's Wild Salmon and the Woman I talked to today said they sold three of them today. This Product is not Seasonal. She apologized for the rude Gentleman. Thank you all.