Contributor

Whatever happened to Copper Chef Cookware?  I started collecting the pieces and they were gone.

Honored Contributor

@TerBoop wrote:

Whatever happened to Copper Chef Cookware?  I started collecting the pieces and they were gone.

I bought a piece at Walmart

It's now in the trash

IMO quality was poor.

I never use metal utensils but the bottom of the skillet is scratched.

But that's not the only reason it's gone.

I do have a Gotham steel pan, it's much better.   

Not great but better.

I have a set of ceramic coated skillets by Tramontina I purchased at Sam's

I use them almost every day, as well as my cast iron

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few pieces that I bought from QVC & I use them often & they are still working great!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Q had an offer year or more ago - $25 for multi-pieces. I bought - I inspected them - decided I already had better stuff.  Repacked and donated the whole set.

Think it got kicked to the curb by  the Q.

Respected Contributor

I only cook with heavy duty stainless steel pans, Fiesta bakeware, and cast iron fry pans.  No non-stick surfaces or coatings.  

Honored Contributor

My DH bought me a square frying pan...I love that shape and had trouble finding a nice one.

It was junk IMO.  It  didn't last long and I would never buy another piece.

I admit that I am hard on cookware, but this was expensive and not good quality.  I can ruin a cheaper pan just as fast.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC rotates the lines of cookware it presents throughout the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Copper Chef again next spring or summer. I purchased a few items and have been very pleased with them—it would be great if they brought back the 13-qt jumbo pan since I have a sister and sister-in-law who are dying to add it to their kitchens.

Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef

[ Edited ]

I bought three casserole pieces as a set maybe 2 years ago.  Use them a lot, still great, still non stick.  I’ve seen the advertised for $8 a piece somewhere last year, but they work for me.  I have a few rachael Ray,  few temptations, and 1 piece of LeCrueset, all work in my kitchen.. I have a lodge cast iron Dutch oven that probably gets the most use after the copper chef.  

All the temptations stories of cracking scares me, but none have broken for me.  The crazed ones, I’m no longer baking in, more for serving, but it does take away from the original appeal of one piece cooking.  I never freeze casseroles that are not yet baked.  I think many had issues from various degrees of changed temps.  I also don’t soak them.  Wash and rinse but won’t submerge for more than a few minutes.