Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Pan .......AND I MISSED IT?

@Gerri S wrote:

The ONE item I was definitely interested in and it's presented when I am away from TV and all other devices.   

I was gone all day, so when I returned home I did what I usually do.......I checked "ITEMS RECENTLY ON AIR" and low and behold there is the COPPER CHEF PAN I want!  I placed the order "ON WAITLIST"..........?????

I watched the video of the presentation and just at the end David was saying how it was sold out, advanced orders were sold out......he was saying something about "I'm sure this will".........AND THEN THE VIDEO STOPPED>>>>>>>  Did anyone hear what David's comment was.....I'm hoping he was telling Eric that he's sure it will be popular and presented again.  Eric seemed surprised that it was sold out so quickly.  The video presentation was ~ 12 minutes and I think 10,000 pans were sold.

I haven't ordered any "waitlist" items......... I'm hoping this one will be delivered, anybody out there have a clue?

David said it's very likely the item will be brought bak. In the future.  He and Eric seemed pleased that it sold out quickly.

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

It's called Copper Chef Pan, but isn't made of copper, just colored copper.  That sounds like false advertisement.

Do you think so?

I have heard no claims that it's made of copper, so no false advertising, IMO.  In fact, I'm fairly sure that David said it's aluminum and stainless steel..

Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Pan

[ Edited ]

Copper is both an element AND a color......Tuquoise is both a color and a stone, as are emerald and ruby

If a pan were sold as an Emerald Pan.. I would not neccessarily think it was made of emerald

No, I do not think its false advertising.. It IS copper, it is just not Cu.

Frequent Contributor

NOMLESS, thank you for your reply.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gerri S, you're welcome.  BTW, I read reviews on Amazon.  You might want to take a look, too.  I hope you love it when you get it.

Regular Contributor

I plan to also wait and see the reviews, I did watch a few youtube videos on them and they seem to lose the slippery non stick feature they talk about so much and scratch up alot like at the top where the lid hits it, so I'm not too sure about this yet.

Frequent Contributor

Dear LoveToChat,

Just curious, you said you "just looked at the items" for David's show........where did you look to see what items would be presented?  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@Gerri S wrote:

Dear LoveToChat,

Just curious, you said you "just looked at the items" for David's show........where did you look to see what items would be presented?  Thanks

@Gerri S, on Sunday morning, I have searched for ITKWD, and the items for David's show are displayed.  I don't know how early it's posted, and I don't know if they post the item line-up for other shows.

Respected Contributor

I think it is a little misleading to call that pan Copper Chef, and maybe done on purpose (?).  Copper is well-known for being used in cookware.  So I would think most people would just assume it is copper unless they really pay attention to the demo.

Honored Contributor

RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I think it is a little misleading to call that pan Copper Chef, and maybe done on purpose (?).  Copper is well-known for being used in cookware.  So I would think most people would just assume it is copper unless they really pay attention to the demo.

I agree on both points.  If I saw 'Copper Chef Pan' there would be absolutely NO reason for me not to think that it is a copper pan.

How much it matters, I guess, is going to be about how it's presented and what information is shown on the product description.  But, going in, it definitely says that it's a copper pan, not a copper-colored pan.