Valued Contributor

Hi All

I ordered the sistema (sp?) and was wondering if any one has it and what you think of it and what do you like to cook in it? I thought it would be very useful as I live alone and it looks like a handy thing to have for smaller meals

TIA

cookin

Honored Contributor

I have one vented lid cup which I use for heating a can of Campbell's chunky soup.  The inside of the lid has gotten sort of melted looking and no matter how hard I scrub it, it feels greasy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I also have the vented cup that I use for reheating soup and other leftovers.  The lid for my cup has not distorted but the cup has 'pitted' marks that appear to be from heat.  Also, tomato based foods have discolored the inside of the cup.

I have since purchased a large ceramic soup mug with a vented lid and like it better.  The mug cleans like a breeze with no staining or distortion.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I also have the vented cup that I use for reheating soup and other leftovers.  The lid for my cup has not distorted but the cup has 'pitted' marks that appear to be from heat.  Also, tomato based foods have discolored the inside of the cup.

I have since purchased a large ceramic soup mug with a vented lid and like it better.  The mug cleans like a breeze with no staining or distortion.  

I had the same thing happen and I contacted Sistema. They told me the product is for reheating items- not cooking items. Cooking items will cause the 'pitting' when the unit gets too hot. Hmmmm....??? Woman Frustrated That ceased my Sistema purchases!!!

Respected Contributor

Yeah, the mugs are for reheating and I think they work well..I also have the larger steamer type cooker and love it

Frequent Contributor

I have some sistema storage containers. I dont care for them. I had some cottage cheese and fruit in a container, and put it in my husbands lunch. It leaked all over his lunch box. So I only use lock n lock, with no problems.