Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cookware suggestions please

My favorite cookware is Analon, Cook Essentials and Rachael Ray. I love the tri clad bottoms for a few pots that I have. I have given the Cook Essentials and RR as gits. They last for years and years.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@kitcat51: please verify the name of your CS set. Thanks, Southern Bee 

I purchased my Durapan set in several years ago & don't see it available on HSN anymore but it included several different sizes of sauce pans, fry pans including one with a helper handle & a large stockpot..I always use gripper potholders on every size & brand of stockpot when taking off the stove, they're heavy filled & so easy to drop. The Durapans are available with a stainless steel exterior but I prefer the Stone gray, both have the same non stick interior. I know you'll get lots of good suggestions from posters & find a brand that will fit your wants & needs. 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  I have the Curtis Stone non-stick pan. It is really nice for a year. But now it is starting to stick (But I do cook all the time, for poeple who don't cook as much, it might last a lot longer).  From my experience, ALL non-stick will start to wear off at some point.  Curtis Stone's non-stick do last longer than most.  I just purchase another set of Curtis Stone 611-660 when it was the TS.  I like non-stick pans, I find that you just need to replace them every couple years.

Honored Contributor

Stainless steel is great to cook in, but, not fry. everything sticks don't care how much oil you put in pan. Gave mine away and went back to Sam's Club 10 in aluminum pan.

Respected Contributor

My cookware is a mix of stainless steel with a little nonstick stuff.   I have a bunch of All-Clad (stock pots, saute pans & one skillet) that I've gotten over the years from Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Amazon & Home Goods & most of my saucepans are Cuisinart Multi-Clad Pro that I got for great prices from Amazon.  The Cuisinart MCP is very nice stuff & reasonably priced.  I use nonstick skillets & just replace if they get scratched up, though most of what I have now has ceramic coating, which seems to hold up better.  The SS goes in the dishwasher & I hand wash the non-stick skillets.

Honored Contributor

I have used Farberware (for many years) then T-Fal, Cooks Essentials and some cheap pans from Marshall's, etc. (that I bought because I wanted that color).   Latest and best is Curtis Stone cookware from HSN.

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Le Creuset - I really love this type of cookware. I'm new to it, but everything comes out so delicious.

⚓️
Valued Contributor

@SouthernBee Anything 18/10 stainless is good. There is so much risk of toxins in non stick, and they can be high maintenance.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for All-Clad cookware. These are the best. Many years ago when I was just starting out on my own and couldn't afford All-Clad I purchased a few pieces of Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware from HSN. I must say those pieces are still used today and are far much better than Farberware.  I liked that I can purchase specific pieces that I needed rather than a whole set. 

Honored Contributor

trouble with the better quality cookware is hardly any of it is dishwasher safe.

applesharon.gif