Honored Contributor

Cooks Essentials baker set -- beautiful

AA3E79C8-7270-4C7E-A664-F297A3CFEEF2.jpeg

Was watching one of the cooking shows & saw these.  

I hadn't seen these before.  I ordered  the blue wasn't sure what to expect.  They are heavy, clean up easy & bakes perfect!  

(Sadly, I have many pieces of Temptations which dress my table beautifully.   I never cook in them after years ago I had a few major pieces craze, split in 1/2, etc.)

I have pieces of Corning, Pyrex & Fiestaware 9x9" baker which serve me well.  I am tired of cooking in one dish & transferring to Temptations.  So hopefully these will hold up. The racks are nice to set hot dishes on table.

PS:  The reviews are 5 star except for the reviewers who think these are Temptations & of course, Q never removed negatives even though not these bakers🙄

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials baker set -- beautiful

@homedecor1.  Sadly, they don't seem to come in turquoise.

I love to visit pottery shops and booths at craft fairs searching for interesting bakeware.  You often meet the potter who can custom make pieces and glazes.  My mom had a whole set of hand-made dinnerware.  Only downside, it was very heavy.

We have a wonderful pottery shop here in Old Town, Albuquerque.  It's the nicest I've ever visited.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials baker set -- beautiful

@Kachina624

No they are definitely a coastal (like wedgewood) blue.

My mother was a lover of pottery.  We lived near a artsy community & I recall she had many pieces made in turquoise and browns.  

These pieces are definitely heavy.  I've been toying with the idea of donating my Temptations larger pieces yet the thought of a cooking disaster makes me want to put a note on them -- for serving only.   I hate to trash them when many are brand new but not worth taking a chance.

When I return from vacation I'll decide.