Valued Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials Air Fryer coating coming off bottom

I recommend the round parchment paper with the holes already punched in them, I bought mine from Amazon.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I think it's wiser to buy a big ticket item like that locally or in a big box store.  If something is wrong, especially after 30 days (with limitations), those stores will generally make good on the item.  That's been my experience.  

ETA-- I've had my CE air fryer since Christmas- time, use it frequently, and haven't had any problems. 

Respected Contributor

Just go to the store and find a box at the grocer any box will do. Just make sure it's study . Do get your money back. Make that a real priority.I see to many stating they just throw things out .NO WAY !!!Don't  give up. But do watch products, a lot are pure junk 11 Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Get the Power XL Air fryer mine is doing great. Knock on wood. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and use it sometimes 3 times a day.Got it at Kohl's.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

The coating can make you sick. Don't use it !!

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Get the Power XL Air fryer mine is doing great. Knock on wood. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and use it sometimes 3 times a day.Got it at Kohl's.  Woman Happy

I have that brand too from QVC though.  I have had it over a year and use it several times a week for lunch and/or dinner.  No problems at all.  I always wash by hand since it is so easy to do.  Nothing sticks and sometimes there is hardly anything to wash.  Love it.

Trusted Contributor

@151949, I get them on amazon. They come on various different diameters, so you'll need to measure your basket. They have holes punched in them all over, which lets the air circulate. A little gets on the basket sometimes, but very little. My last package was well under five bucks for fifty, so they last a long time.

Note: if you sometimes preheat your air fryer, be sure you don't put the parchment in by itself--the fan will blow it up into the heating coil, where it will burn up. 

New Contributor

i have experienced the same issue with the coating/cooking surface peeling/blistering and have used perforated parchment paper to avoid food from being in contact with the cooking surface.  my concern is food safety.  also, i want to mention that i always hand washed the element even though it was supposed to be dishwasher safe.  i think that qvc should have manufactured a better product.  surely, quality control would and should have indicated that the coating was a problem and that our experiences are not just unique to us.  i'm looking for a product with a higher quality coating surface, perhaps a ceramic cooking surface.

New Contributor

i bought the perforated parchment liners from, you guessed it, amazon.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I purchased this brand for my son and his family and they rave about it, use it all the time for the past year.  I have a Philips model that I wash by hand, no issues at all with peeling and have used it fequently for at least two years or longer.  I'd have to search back for a purchase date, it seems like a very long time ago.  I am gun-shy about CE products after previous disappointments but everyone needs to be their own discoverer, some have good luck.