New Contributor

Cooks Essentials 4 quart Pressure Cooker

I have a question about the steam release valve. When you start cooking, and it's building pressure, it releases steam. I haven't times how long it is doing this but was wondering if this is correct? I thought it would hold the steam until the times counts down and releases when the time is up. Mine releases the steam and it seems to never start counting down. Any suggestions, is it working correctly? Thanks for your help!!

Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials 4 quart Pressure Cooker

[ Edited ]

Mine does this sometimes.  I've found if i push down on the lid and pressure valve it will seal and stop doing this.  If yours never starts counting down after trying this, there is probably something wrong with the seal.

Call Customer Service to see what they can do for you.  Don't give up! I love mine.  It has truly changed the way I cook!  And, DH is very happy to have great food and money savings from not eating out!

Honored Contributor

sounds like the lid isn't on tight or the arrow isn't on the 'pressure' setting

Valued Contributor

I didn't like the way this thing was made.  I had the same problem of getting it up to pressure without babysitting it for over an hour and even then it didn't always take.  I sent mine back.   Fa-gor has a 4 quart which I purchased in place of this.  It has a better control knob that is more sure than cooks essentials.

Super Contributor

The Cuisinart 6 quart is nice too. Evine has one at a great price too for $118.00. Great value pay too. 

New Contributor

thank you so much for the reply! I've tried pressing down as I'm turning the lid for a good seal, I'll just try better!! what is your favorite thing to cook in it? also, I'm adding 2 cups of water and I still get some burning on the bottom. I guess I should add more water. It did this when I cooked a roast, we could still eat it, it was just slightly burnt. and....(sorry for all the questions!) what kind of white rice do you prefer to cook? Thank you!

New Contributor

thank you for your reply and help!!

New Contributor

I can't send it back because I didn't keep the box. Smiley Sad I will keep trying to get a better seal. Thank you for the help!!