Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cooking/Eating During Heat Wave

@Sooner  PA is not typically 90+ degrees all summer like some parts of the country.

We chuckle at folks grabbing a sweater at 55/60 degrees. To me 60 is tee shirt weather.

It is all what you are used to.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Sooner  PA is not typically 90+ degrees all summer like some parts of the country.

We chuckle at folks grabbing a sweater at 55/60 degrees. To me 60 is tee shirt weather.

It is all what you are used to.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ,  I agree, 90 + is freaking hot. If you add humidity I'm out. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I hear you, CrazyKitty!  This is way too early for us to be getting into the 90s, but our summers usually give us several trips to H*** each year.  That, plus the Atlantic Ocean 

gives the gift of high humidity.  We also laugh at the folks who shiver at the thought of

temps in the 50s!  As for dinner?  Right now I am slaving over a hot computer trying to

decide on Pizza, Chinese, or subs tonight!  DoorDash and GrubHub I love you.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Shrimp salad on toasted rolls!  Easy to make, cool and refreshing to eat!  🦐

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz  That sounds really good.  DD and I both love shrimp.

Thanks for planting that idea in my old head.

Esteemed Contributor

Dinner:  bought the 4 lbs of Anderson "P" shrimp -- over

$100 but get lots of meals out of it - so...

dinner -------garlic shrimp tossed with... Alfredo Fet I buy from Italian restaurant.  Big dish of it so I divide it up for future meals and freeze.

Green toss salad to go with it & garlic toast.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@amyb  Thanks.  You have a good weekend also. At the ripe old age of 71 I don't do well in 90 degree humid weather.  At least this is only a couple days not a week or two.

I wouldn't last anywhere that is always like this.

We do in Florida but most folks have AC. I just cook in the oven and stovetop as usual. 

Honored Contributor

When it's hot, we grill hamburgers or hot dogs and make pasta salad and slaw.

I also serve a lot of fresh veggies and salads with grilled chicken or shrimp.

Sometimes I fill a large tomato with tuna or chicken salad and have rolls.

Honored Contributor

It's 92 degrees right now here in southern NY. Air conditioner has been on for awhile. It's supposed to be in the nineties tomorrow so I'll just leave it on till it cools down. Will make whatever I find when I see what I have. So far husband hasn't asked. He's on the deck with a cocktail and a cigar! He likes the heat!

Respected Contributor

It's very hot here in NYC and I have Chinese takeout leftovers that I will steam in the Ninja Foodi/ airfryer/ pressure cooker. It comes out like you just brought it home. Love these Ninja appliances keeps my kitchen way cooler.

My husband bought cold cuts so I guess that's tomorrow night.