Honored Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials Ice cream Maker

@January121 wrote:

Isn't that the one that is $99.00 .... too expensive ... I can go to the store & buy a lot of ice cream for $99.00 without any work on my part!!!! 

Might have spit in it from some twit that thinks it's funny to spit or no telling what else  do to it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After QVC's version debuted last year, I investigated the Mr. Freeze machine available through Amazon because it was a bit cheaper, and I discovered that both units are produced by the same manufacturer and are identical minus the brand name (and QVC has additional colors not offered elsewhere). I purchased the Mr. Freeze version and absolutely love it! It is just as easy to use as shown and yields fantastic results. We recently got it out again for the summer and have been using it a lot.

The only potential concern I'd pass along is that you really need to understand that the machine makes just one pint at a time. That isn't as much as some people seem to be expecting. However, if your ingredients are fully chilled, you can immediately start another batch after your first batch is done, which is another benefit over the versions with the tubs that have to be pre-frozen.

All in all, I recommend this ice cream maker. And definitely check out the manual it comes with because it includes many more recipes than you'll get elsewhere. (I actually suggest downloading the manual from last year's unit, K45559, because it was even better than this year's; although that item is sold out, the PDF file for the manual is still posted on the product page. I hope that's okay to share since it's still a QVC product!)

Respected Contributor

@UKgram Egg beaters are egg substites, you can purchase egg whites only, and egg yolks only, nad the whole egg also.I purchase the store brand. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@UKgram What's up with this Cook's Essential girl ? She always gives bad directions, she did with the bread maker also. I saw that the ingredients have to be chilled , better if over night. That to me is a good idea , I think it will be finished quicker.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC How long ago did you purchase the ice cream maker from HSN ?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE I like knowing what going into my food.That doesn't look to be too much work. I like sherbet and they don't sell it anywhere near my home. So I want to make my own. And it isn't a month's worth with the machine.