Regular Contributor

Cook's Essentials Ice cream Maker

Just curious if anyone bought this and if they like it?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials Ice cream Maker

Isn't that the one that is $99.00 .... too expensive ... I can go to the store & buy a lot of ice cream for $99.00 without any work on my part!!!! 

Regular Contributor

Good point!!😀
Esteemed Contributor

If it's the one they showed Sunday where you don't have to put tub in freezer beforehand, I looked it up on Prime.  Forgot the name of company it was under but same colors and looked identical to this one.  It seemed to have a lot of good reviews; sold for $126 on Prime, so QVC's price is better.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

If it's the one they showed Sunday where you don't have to put tub in freezer beforehand, I looked it up on Prime.  Forgot the name of company it was under but same colors and looked identical to this one.  It seemed to have a lot of good reviews; sold for $126 on Prime, so QVC's price is better.

@eddyandme, you say you saw it on Prime.  Do you mean Amazon?  I saw the item on Amazon, but I can't find a site named Prime.

Super Contributor

Amazon has the Mr Freeze Thermoelectric Ice Cream Maker.  We are tempted to try this.  Having to freeze "bowls" for our Cuisinart is a bit inconvenient.   I bought the Cuisinart a few years ago for $30.  It makes the best double chocolate peanut butter ice cream and the dulce de leche ice cream is my personal favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme, you say you saw it on Prime.  Do you mean Amazon?  I saw the item on Amazon, but I can't find a site named Prime.

@nomless

AmazonSmile.com, Mr Freeze EIM-700 Maxi-Matic 1.5 pts = $125.99; 3 reviews all five stars.  QVC has a better price!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I purchased the ice cream maker. Have not made any ice cream yet. The demonstrator did not explain that almost everything has to be completely chilled first. The ice cream maker does not autimatically stop. After 45 minutes you have to keep checking it and then stop it yourself when you think the ice cream is ready. I am going to try a recipe, but I am not sure what to use when the recipe calls for 2 oz of egg substitute. Does that mean something that says egg substitute on the package or something that can be an egg substitute such as applesauce. If anyone knows please explain. Thank you. Someday I'll learn to wait for reviews before I order!!

Honored Contributor

@UKgram   I would assume it means an egg substitute like "Egg Beaters" , etc.  (sold in a container that looks like a milk carton)   I didn't see the presentation so I could be wrong.  There are other brands of egg substitute also.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the Ninja Master Prep for $29 from HSN, and use it to make my own ice creme and frozen yogurt. You can use whatever fruits and flavours you want. If I want someone richer, then I just get ice creme at the store.