Occasional Contributor

Cook's Essentials Cheese Grater

Did anyone else ever buy the Cook's Essentials Cheese Grater? I bought it many months ago, possibly a year, but never used it. I brought it out recently and placed it on the recharger and left it there for over a day, but it won't work. I'm thinking either I'm missing something or it is defective. The instructions say a light is supposed to light up when it is recharging, but no matter what I do, the light won't stay lit. It flashes for a second only. I thought it might still be charging, but nothing after letting it sit there.

I cannot stress enough to try out the products within the time limit. I was commuting out of town a lot and should never have bought this. I'm a bit peeved because it's not offered any more, which makes me think that I'm not the only one with a defective product. QVC should offer rebates when they realize their quality control didn't catch that a product line is being shipped with more than a few defective products, don't you thinK?

I've been reducing my spending here largely because I just can't trust the quality of a QVC product anymore. Sending back products is a waste of my time and money.

Re: Cook's Essentials Cheese Grater

I had the same experience.  I never really used the grater but pulled it out to charge it and lo and behold, no charge at all.  When I did a search to see if I could buy a replacement charger I had no luck.  A complete waste of my retirement dollars.  Is returning it for repair an option at this point?

Respected Contributor

This is a very old thread, somehow brought back to life.  Miracles happen.

My wife purchase one also and it was still in the box when I noticed it. She never used it so I bought some cheese and when I attempted to charge it it did the same thing i.e. light blinked on but woukld not stay on. There must be some recourse since it is a common problem. I notice that QVC still offers the ratchet type as offered by Cook's Essentials.