Respected Contributor

Cook's Essential 8 Qt. Pressure Cooker K40313

I'm on wait list for this item and wonder if anyone of you have received yours and what your impression is of this pressure cooker. I don't know if I should cancel or just wait for it to come back into stock.

TIA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cook's Essential 8 Qt. Pressure Cooker K40313

I've got the 8 qt oval. Wouldn't take nothing for it. Great for ribs ! I bought the 4 qt. oval too LOL for whole chickens. Then, I have 2 6 qt.'s (round) and one old time stove top Ultrex from HSN I still break out for nostalgia reasons. Think that's all. We're not eating tough meat. LOL Nothing better then pressure cooked chicken then with the broth left over make dumplings or chicken soup out of.

Don't know why anybody would have 2nd thoughts ? Think the white one is in stock

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2014 Sharke said:

Don't know why anybody would have 2nd thoughts ? Think the white one is in stock

Maybe because the 8 qt is not oval??

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure they still have the 8 qt oval? I know my older ones are heavy, but, this 4 qt oval is lighter wants to scoot more. Guess you can stand the ribs up in the tall one. baby backs would be oK, but, those long ribs probably have to stand up or kind of jumble them in there.

Most of the time they break out the ovals around Xmas.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2014 Sharke said:

I'm not sure they still have the 8 qt oval? ..Most of the time they break out the ovals around Xmas.

They have not had any oval larger than the 6.qt they discontinued a couple years ago unless I missed a rare release.

Honored Contributor

I never miss the xmas shows between thanksg and Christmas and seems like they show the 8qt ones about that time because I get on the phone and call people that I know are looking for the one like mine. I got a aunt that blew out her French fry machine by plugging in another child safe cord to the wrong appliance and plugged it in. Fryed it all to heck.

People ! what U gonna do ?

Respected Contributor

Shark, I have the older CE 6qt. oval and the stovetop Ultrex 5 qt. from HSN that I want to retire. Don't know why because I just used it today to make beef veg soup and it was delish. Guess I'll feel guilty having 3 PC, but sounds like you've got me beat in that category. The white CE 8qt. may be in stock, but the S&H isn't $5 like it was on Sunday's show. Guess the days of reduced S&H are just a memory.

Thanks all for your input!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

LOL I was thinking of dumping my Ultrex too, but, it's quite just fizzes a little not like the ones from my youth. I can't believe some places still carry the mirror matics brand?I always laugh and tell husband those things went out with the Beatles. LOL I'm always afraid they will quit making them so I like to keep ahead one. If my big 8 qt would go out I would consider that 'big boss' from the link I sent you. Free shp. and only 20 more then the round 6 qt that Q is pushing. mmmmmmmm LOL

Respected Contributor

Shark, IMO, Farberware used to be a good product. I always had one or 3 of their Superfast coffee pots. Once they started manufacturing them in China, I had nothing but trouble. Stopped buying them when 2 cra##ed out very quickly. Rusted, too. I'm sure the CE is made there, also, but must stuff is. By the way, I had my mom's BIG Mirro PC and that worked like a charm. So sorry I donated it. Never worried about it blowing up.

Honored Contributor

All the stuff will basically work whether it's from the 50's or current stuff. New stuff is prettier, quieter, easier to clean and geared up for the time conscious people. I only use the old time aluminum measuring cups from way back just like the construction and wgt of them. I think cooking will become a lost art over time. Now days everybody has to work, most people have kids to keep up, it's easier for them to go thru the drive thru then come home and cook, do the cleanup, etc.

Your right about the quality. My 8qt Cook's Essentials is heavy. The most recent ones are lighter now they want to scoot on the counter. All about saving money and profits.