Respected Contributor

Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow Cookbook

After checking on amazon dot com, think I'll be purchasing it there. $16.04 plus $4.98 S&H. If you have Prime, deduct the S&H charges with a $35+purchase.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow Cookbook

It's now a little more than $12 on Amazon dot com.

Super Contributor

I received it a couple days ago and am disappointed in it. Too many recipes use food industry products, like jarred chicken gravy, stuffing mix, canned soup, all the unhealthy stuff I DON'T WANT TO PUT IN MY FAMILY'S FOOD. I want to have recipes that show me how to do it myself.

For heaven's sake, who can't make chicken pie or ala king with a couple jars of food industry gravy? If I wanted to cook with

monosodium glutamate
partially hydrogenated canola oil
autolyzed yeast extract
sodium caseinate
soy protein isolate
mono and diglycerides
sugar
dipotassium Phosphate
natural flavoring (can be some really gross stuff)
caramel color
partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil
partially hydrogenated soy oil

I'd not have purchased a "cook"book.

- Bird

Respected Contributor

Bird, thank you for that info. You saved me almost$13.

Respected Contributor

There are very few cookbooks I've purchased that I have been disappointed with, but not for the reasons Bird mentioned. I have no compunction against substituting ingredients I like and trust. When this book was being presented, the author said it would give you more recipes for microwave pressure cookers, and things like System a......it does not do that at all. When I bought the microwave pressure cooker it was a TSV, and I bought it thinking that if we have a storm, we can certainly plug the microwave into the generator. I have never used it however. I was looking for a book with more guidelines.....there are some good recipes, but this book is not worth buying. Poodlepet2