Occasional Contributor

Has anyone ever used this machine for frying bacon or eggs.  Any suggestions on how to?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cook Essentials Air Fryer

Have not tried either. 

I downloaded the Philips Airfryer app with recipes. There was a video there or a link from there cannot remember. Anyways they showed 200 did not say C or F. We assume Celius since the link with video was from Australia. DH looked online & 200°C is 392°F. They cooked for 8-10 mins but it was not done enough for me. I like it crisp. They also just took a pair of tongs & grabbed some bacon & dropped it in the basket. LOL!!! I would say cook it at 400°, set timer for 20 mins, check after 8 mins, shake, cook & shake every couple mins until it's cooked how you like it.

I know the Blue Jean Chef made some but it was all crumbled up.

Honored Contributor

Mine came with a rack so I can cook bacon, but I can't envision making eggs in it.

Contributor

I have not cooked bacon or eggs in my AF yet.  I wanted to remind anyone that when you cook something with high fat content, after the AF cools, wipe the heating coils wth a damp paper towel or cloth to get the fat off of the heating coil.  I do this all the time after I cook chicken or anything with fats.  I read this in a Phillips online manaul.