Honored Contributor

Re: Consumer Report mag ratings

I've got to do something. don't want to go off topic in the Kitchen forum

just mentioned it to explain how Chef Tony's blades are to sharp for the blind folk. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

This is OT. I have an online subscription to this magazine at a great price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

@loriqvc  I have that round nicer dicer and would love it if you would share how you have made the best use of it.  I have barely used it for the two of us so it sits stashedd in a cabinet unused and unseen.  Maybe for two it is too big?

@Free2be - The dining crew around here is usually only two as well. I typically use the big Nicer Dicer for making large salads or fruit salads that we eat all week, or when I'm asked to bring salads for a gathering. It also comes in handy when I want to cut up a whole bunch of veggies for soups/stews or potatoes for various recipes (particularly if I'm making enough to freeze for the future). My sister has a larger family and she has actually borrowed the big Nicer Dicer many times for doing monthly meal prep.

I ended up purchasing the smaller rectangular Nicer Dicer a couple years ago as well, and that's what I reach for on a near-daily basis because it's better suited for smaller amounts. But I'm always glad to have the "big guy" available for larger jobs.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have to store most of my kitchen appliances in the garage on a shelf right outside the door. I have zero cabinet space for anything the size of the Ninja. Am passing on several big kitchen things like my quesadilla maker and my huge crockpot to relatives.
Valued Contributor

"Ninja revolutionized the multicooker by adding a crisping lid that can broil food after pressure-cooking for a crackling finish." 

Ninja may have revolutionized the multicooker by adding a crisping lid, but it's still a big honking device for those of us without huge kitchens. Mealthy has recently begun marketing its CrispLid for air frying. The CrispLid - a reasonably-sized device fits on top of the Instant Pot, Mealthy Multipot or any 6 or 8-quart electric pressure cooker with a stainless steel pot. If your pressure cooker has a non-stick pot, the CrispLid will not work with it. 

I have a CrispLid and it works beautifully.