Valued Contributor

I've had a Kitchenaid Compactor for many years.  I use to buy the original Kitchenaid bags, plastic, that had 4 holes in the top that holds the bag tight.  When the price went up a lot my husband decided to use the 18 gallon regular trash bags from the C warehouse.  Now that I have to do this myself I find it very hard to get the bags on.  Time to look for a different bag.  My question is do the plastic bags now have the 4 holes to keep it tight.  Also, the MIL on them were 3 which is pretty strong.  I never used the paper bags and wonder how they work.  I don't put any food in it so never have had a smell in it.  I use it to crush a lot that I recycle and for the trash from the kitchen that has no food in it.  It's worked for me for years since I have no trash pickup on my private road.  Would have to push it 500 ft. to the road where it is picked up and I'm on a big hill at the top.  Just want something that will hold up and be easier to put the bag on.  Do the paper bags stay in place?  In the past year I've used about 8 bags so don't use a lot.  I recycle everything I can.  Any recommendations.

Super Contributor

Re: Compactor Bags

[ Edited ]

i buy PORT A BAG from Amzn because they have 8 holes, and they are thick and the best. You can pick your hole Smiley Happy You only need 4 holes but it's easier to put on because there are 8.

Regular Contributor

We no longer use a trash compactor but when we did, the paper bags worked very well and definitely stayed in place.  They are a heavy paper lined with a sturdy plastic liner.  Can't say we had any problems with tears or leaking.  I think they were more durable than the plastic.

Valued Contributor

dimin, I did go on amazon and found the bags for the 15" compactor.  Hope it works.  The KA bags in the store use to be 12 for $6. years ago but went up so high in price I stopped buying them.  They were 3mil and pretty thick.  I'll order the ones from Amazon.  I just love my compactor since life is easier with it.  Before I use to have bags lines up in the garage and had to go to the transfer station more often.  Best thing I ever bought.

Valued Contributor

AnnieBelle,  I thought about the paper bags but having used the plastic even from the grocery store I didn't have a problem.  Thing is I couldn't easily stretch the bag over the top of the bin and just decided to make life easier.  12 would last me probably a year and a half and even longer.  I never put anything liquid in the compactor so wouldn't worry about that.  So glad I can recycle.  Use to be close to me but people made a mess and now have to go to the transfer station.  Well worth the trip.