Valued Contributor

Re: Come back, David!

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, surfk, for the quick response!  That's pretty much what I heard, but missed the Nutri Ninja part.  They kind of dropped the little nugget of info and then, as you said, must have gotten a message in their ears.

The holiday products will be here before we know it.  I'm hoping for a powerful Ninja that also has dependable food processing capabilities.  A good multi-tasker!  But just in case that doesn't happen, does anybody have any recommendations?   Thanks!

Welcome back, Mr.Venable.  Did you miss us?  : )

Honored Contributor

Probably not LOL

If I had to push that Vitamix or Keurig thing as much as he does I'd run screaming. LOL He must see them in his sleep.

Contributor

This poster seems sensitive to the term haters which may have been appropriately removed.by the moerators.

I would recommend that he/she watch the kitchen selling shows represented by many of the female sales folks e.g. Jane, Carolyn etc on air every weekday.

QVC gives us a choice of hosts so we do not need to always complain about someone we do not like.

Hope that you enjoy these folks

Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@Amarica wrote:

No, just not the same show without its namesake and should be called "David's Out of the Kitchen."  : )

Question:  I had my TV on during one presentation of the July 5 Ninja TSV, went out of the room, and when I returned, I heard only the very end of a discussion about a new Ninja product in the works for September. Did anybody else on the board see that particular show and hear that conversation?   I'm very curious about what type of product they were talking about.

Thank you!

Yes. During a presentation, I heard a vague reference to something coming in Sept. from Nutri Ninja. But the guy who mentioned it was cut off quickly by Dan Wheeler who said something like, "You'll get in big trouble mentioning..." and then he even cut himself off from finishing that sentence.

Obviously someone was in his ear. lol

They'll probably come out with another version. They all do. Its like when one buys a Keurig, then, a month or two month later (just after one could have returned the earlier one) a bigger, better model comes out.

But I figure if a new Ninja comes out in Sept, it will be more expensive. And so maybe the "great value" of the one currently available is done with that in mind. But after a while, how much is making a smoothie really worth? $90 seems enough for my needs in that dept.

If I remember correctly, a caller (woman) was raving about how much she loves Ninja products and said she was hoping for some new things from Ninja.  Bob started to respond that they had something new coming out in September, and the host - and probably someone in his ear - stopped him before he could say just what is coming.  I didn't think it was another Nutra Ninja or anything similar.  Guess we'll have to wait to find out for sure, but I think it will be a different type of product.

Contributor

I have enjoyed my vacation FROM David. No stupid happy dances, none of the tired, repeated rhetoric, and not one single mac and cheese dish for him to act stupid over. Now I know David is entitled to his many vacations. But when he is gone on Sunday and Wednesday ITKWD shows and Saturday morning Q, other hosts have to fill in for him. When does David EVER fill in for any other host??? And don't give me any of that seniority ******. If I were a host who had to gIve up my holiday or weekend I'd be in the boss's office pretty quick. He never reciprocates.

Honored Contributor

@catlover53 wrote:

I have enjoyed my vacation FROM David. No stupid happy dances, none of the tired, repeated rhetoric, and not one single mac and cheese dish for him to act stupid over. Now I know David is entitled to his many vacations. But when he is gone on Sunday and Wednesday ITKWD shows and Saturday morning Q, other hosts have to fill in for him. When does David EVER fill in for any other host??? And don't give me any of that seniority ******. If I were a host who had to gIve up my holiday or weekend I'd be in the boss's office pretty quick. He never reciprocates.

Seriously? You know the behind-the-scenes scheduling procedures? You are certain that it must all be up  to DV and that it's his fault?

It couldn't possibly just be the fact that you do not enjoy him as a host.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@catlover53 wrote:

LOL, do you watch every show to know that he doesn't?  With just 2 shows a week he puts in a lot of time.   Maybe the others hosts want extra time in?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

He's back.............. he's large and in charge.............

Trusted Contributor

When I'm in the mood for cooking shows and entertainment, I only like to watch David Venable!  He can do the Happy Dance and fun faces all day long because he is an enjoyable personality that makes me smile and at the same time, happy to be watching.  I may not be able to eat the food he cooks and shows but I enjoy the presentations on the equipment and his great persona and ability to be a 100% great host all the time.