Valued Contributor

Does anyone have the ******or Halogen Table-top Oven?

Did anybody see it today or buy it?  I did, and now, I'm having

second thoughts...

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the ******or Halogen Table-top Oven?

It was priced well and on HSN

Honored Contributor

I've had several of the ovens. The last, the one sold by QVC, lasted two weeks. At first it wouldn't shut off, then I left it plugged in and came into the kitchen one morning to find it had come on during the night and was very hot. I've also had the Sharper Image oven which browned things beautifully while the inside was uncooked and raw. Before that, I had a no-name-brand from HSN. It was the best but I never did any serious cooking in it.

After my last experience, I spent more money and got a Breville convection oven. What a difference! This thing is my favorite toy. For me, it replaces a big oven. It cooks perfectly and thoroughly. Love it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have the ******or  Halogen and I got it on HSN- I use it almost every day and could not live without it- It is the kind that you can set the temp on, not just on and off...its one of those things that I think I should hve a second one "just in case" It is easy, quick and the results are great!

I, too hve the Breville convection oven, but I use it for different purposes, i guess- I find each has its place in my home

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I have the ******or  Halogen and I got it on HSN- I use it almost every day and could not live without it- It is the kind that you can set the temp on, not just on and off...its one of those things that I think I should hve a second one "just in case" It is easy, quick and the results are great!

I, too hve the Breville convection oven, but I use it for different purposes, i guess- I find each has its place in my home

Mothertrucker, I too had a nice Halogen oven and unfortunately gave it away.  It was at a time in my life that was complicated and it was one of the unfortunately casualties.  I am happy with my Breville but I do wish I had that Halogen oven back as I was very happy with the meals I prepared in it.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I know ya'll aren't being a foul mouth lot of people, so the censor people must be doing it.

I may look at the halogen ovens, but I look at the time when halogen lamps were popular until they started burning down homes.  I never had one, but just remember that, so no wonder they can cook things wonderfully!

I have a coutertop oven by DeLonghi and use it all the time, especially during the summer.

Respected Contributor

We cannot say F*A*G*O*R?

Respected Contributor

Oh well! It is added to the list of poopoo words.
Valued Contributor

Hi Y'all...thank you so much for all the replies.

I too, have the Breville and use almost everyday, but

I guess I will just have to see if the ******or is worth it to me.

If food turns out good, I think it will be.

Thanks All, Again!

monke~

Valued Contributor

How insane that we can't use a BRAND Name!Cat Mad