Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Click Close storage containers ?

Oh, and on the subject of Lock and Lock, I don't know what is up with Q and the pitiful selection they carry these days.

There  are so many more shapes and sizes and many different fun prints (QVC Germany has them!!) and we get such little selection here. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I kind of feel like they are going more and more for the 'price before quality' crowd.

I wouldn't know, but I'm beginning to think that those of us who put quality above price are a dying breed.

So, maybe they are trying this on for size, as it seems to be a little cheaper than L&L.  That's not easy to do because L&L is VERY inexpensive.  

Even with so many other lines they would bring out products that were very nice quality and then, after they became popular, they lessen the quality and ride it out with the good reviews from the original ones.  This is what KA is doing. They are still riding on the success they had when Bosch was making top quality KA products for them.  Then they sold out and started replacing metal parts with plastic parts.   It will be a long time before the reputation catches up with the new, much less, quality so they're going to ride that one until it dies.

Yes I think you are exactly right.  Coach bags did it; Dooney did it; Vera Bradley is doing it; Kitchen Aid is another and even Le Creuset is headed that way.  They take a WONDERFUL and expensive product, cheapen it and make every color under the rainbow and drive the product into the ground. Then they go broke and wonder why after it has become cheap and common and they still want top dollar for it! 

Honored Contributor

mominohio wrote:

Oh, and on the subject of Lock and Lock, I don't know what is up with Q and the pitiful selection they carry these days.

There  are so many more shapes and sizes and many different fun prints (QVC Germany has them!!) and we get such little selection here. 

ITA.  As much as I have (it's insane!), there are many cool pieces that you don't find in the US at all.

I've purchased some pieces from S. Korean sellers on ebay over the years, too.

Respected Contributor

I had ITKWD on and was reading also as I frequently do. I glanced at the tv and thought ' finally-- L&L' then looked closer -- went back to reading. I echo the opinion there is nothing as good as L&L.