Super Contributor
Advise needed please,broiled hamburger patties in toaster oven ..what a mess..tried to clean oven and now when i plug oven back in the outlet keeps tripping...hope i did not get moisture in the vents for the convection fan..oven only 3 months old..any ideas
Super Contributor

Re: Cleaning countertop oven

Esteemed Contributor

@marzi 1 

Try aiming a warm hairdryer at the vents around the outside, and the inside of the oven. Leave the door open overnight.

Try again in the morning.

Good luck!!

Esteemed Contributor

Really don't have an answer for you but I would be more concerned with grease from hamburg than moisture.  Grease can fly far and wide - can you take a flashlight and inspect the vents and inner 'ceiling' of the machine?

Perhaps take a damp papertowel and wipe and see what you get. I would never broil ground beef - too much fat in that cut of meat.  Good luck and let us know.

Super Contributor

You are soooo right never again with the hamburgers..i have looked and cleaned everything, i will try to let it dry and try in the morning
Super Contributor

Tried the hairdryer, plugged the oven back in.so far so good ,i will keep my fingers crossed
Esteemed Contributor

@marzi 1 

I think some of these kitchen appliances have a safety auto-shutoff that's activated by anything burning/smoking in the oven.

Well, I know mist mimics smoke, and mist/steam sets off my smoke alarm.

Always spray the cleaner onto your applicator and then scrub.

If you spray anything directly into an appliance like this, I suspect a very fine spray can trip that safety feature.

Super Contributor

Thanks..that was probably what happened.I was so mad at myself for making a big mess i oversprayed..Whats the old saying "Haste makes waste"