Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Oven Door?!

[ Edited ]

I just hang two towels on the rack covering the glass.  End of problem.  Sort of.  I once had a stove that had no glass on the door.  Going to look for that feature next time.  I always open the door to check anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I found for me the only thing that worked was getting a couple of boxes of Mr Clean Magic Erasers.  I'd scrub hard at a tiny area for several minutes until the eraser was trashed. Then I'd continue until the whole door was clean.  This took me a good 30-45 minutes so it's not easy but it was the only thing that got every last spot off.

Costco has a great sale on Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - I bought a box.

Occasional Visitor

Bio Cleaner cleaning clay worked like a champ cleaning the glass on my oven door!

it's also the best product I've ever used on my stainless steel sinks.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I literally took my oven door apart to clean the inside of the glass front-----was not hard to do--for the inside I used wadded up foil to get all those baked on brown streaks--then----I stopped using the oven all together--got a counter top Breville oven and that's all I use now.  Use the oven to store stuff---

Love my Breville too! Just noticed my oven door on IT is beginning to get kind of bad...

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

When I wasn't able to find Easy Off due to supply issues I bought Sprayaway Oven Cleaner because it was all the store had. 

It is, by far, 100 times better than Easy Off.

I did not know Sprayway made an oven cleaner. Will have to look for it. I REALLY like their glass cleaner.

Super Contributor

Re: Cleaning Oven Door?!

[ Edited ]

@wagirl   yeah but you said you stopped using your oven...I would probably try that if didnt have to use oven anymore, but I have to still use mine and am afraid I wouldn't be able to get door back on...so for now, 2 towels on oven door...Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

These products are great for glass top stoves and oven doors.

8CD8AD84-3800-470F-A0E5-CC1188B49CEB.jpegF1C60393-4FCD-45D0-B3C7-83763330D5B9.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I bought Knock Out Eraser pad from Amazon. Someone on this site recommended Knock Out over Mr. Clean. Knock Out is heavy duty.