Honored Contributor

I rarely use my oven but the oven inside door has grease spots? that I don't know how to get off.

I've used a knife-yes! and a miracle sponge and it just won't come off. 

I was going to help my daughter who said her oven door is "gross" and now I don't know what will work.

I'm letting mine go but anyone have any good solutions?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay   I have used Easy Off oven cleaner for years on my oven glass door.  It works beautifully on built up grease.  Just spray it on...let it stand for a few minutes...

great results.   

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1,

Thank you ! I will try that.

Clearly I haven't cleaned an oven in several years and I do kinda remember that. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

If you don't want to use anything smelly or with bad fumes, try a paste made with Dawn and baking soda and water and smear it around on the door and let it sit for several hours.  Sometimes that works pretty well!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I use a steel wool pad (with soap).

Honored Contributor

It is a big problem with the glass inside the oven,between the inside and out, i have tried several  strange things ,like a fly swater ,wrapped with a thin cloth .and cleaner ,just one of many,can not remove the glass,might never get it back correctly

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've never come across anything I couldn't vanquish with the Mr. Clean foam(?) wipes and lots of eolbow grease.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all!

I did try my tried and true mr. clean extra strength sponges that have always cleaned everything but not this time. I even scraped with a knife. I'll see if the baking soda works (my mother always told me to use it on burnt pans which works) and then I'll probably go out and buy some easy off! thansk again-good suggestions!

Super Contributor

Bar Keepers friend...it is a cleanser like comet...it takes out anything..

I have a smooth top elecric stove and i use it to clean the top...it does not scratch.

Use it on your pots and cookie shets...you will be amazed

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 @ProudMa @violann @goldensrbest @Janey2 @Mombo1 -

Wait!

Guess what? I just tried baking soda (globs of it), vinegar, dish liquid, hot water all mixed together and pasted it on the door and kept scraping really hard with a serated edge knife over and over and I now have a clean oven door!

Probably easy off or bar keepers would have been easier but I wanted to see if this would work on mine before trying on my daughter's.

And I bet if I had let it sit for a few hours like @AngelPuppy1 said it would have been easier but I was too impatient. Now I'm going to take a nap!

And I'm never using my oven again lol! (kidding but maybe not😅)

Thanks all!