Honored Contributor

We do a full Christmas dinner.

Tradition was Ham.

Kind of breaking it this year and smoking a Prime Rib.

I did buy a ham as backup.  I hate to be the one who breaks a tradition!  LOL

Trying Aldi's ham for the first time.  I'll cook it for Christmas Eve dinner....and then reheat for Christmas Day.  Just so there is ham somewhere!

Respected Contributor

We do a pot luck type thing in the afternoon.  They always want my BBQ beans and potato salad.  I'll probably do a small ham and some type of jello salad.  One has requested glazed carrots.  I'm also thinking about doing a pumpkin roll.

Honored Contributor

Image result for hoagie platters?Image result for cherry kijafa

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Ms Imac, I would love that and be very happy eating a hoagie. It's just enough and not having to much stress with the holiday. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel

This will be my first x-mas home in eons due to eye surgery.  I placed my hoagie platter order this morning. 

X-mas morning, the paramour is taking me out to breakfast.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

We spend Christmas Eve with good friends.There is usually about 12 people.We have a multi course meal & exchange gifts.It’s a lot of fun.

Christmas Day is very special in our house.It’s just DH,my son & myself.We have a light breakfast & exchange gifts.

Around 2:00pm the 3 of us begin cooking our traditional Christmas dinner.My DH makes his moms sauce with meatballs, sausage & bracciole from scratch. My son helps.I set the table & make an enormous antipasta.I also make the garlic bread.We sit down to eat at about 5:00pm.  

While we’re cooking we talk & laugh a lot.When we sit down to eat the fun continues as we slowly indulge in our feast.The wine flows & the conversation & bonding continues.We top off our day with Amaretto & Italian pastries.

The t.v. is off,our phones & tablets are off.It’s the one day a year we disconnect from the world until about 10 pm!!

Honored Contributor

I spend Christmas Eve cooking whatever holiday food my family decides on; this year it will be lasagna, cole slaw, ham, rolls, and potato salad.   I NEVER cook on Christmas Day.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey QG, et al!

Now, pardon me but I'm not certain if 'supper' means lunch or dinner.   For lunch I have never done anything.  It's just the two of us.   

For a dinner, I have been doing a ham, mashed sweet potatoes, and a veg.  But this year, due to my broken arm, I got out of both Thanksgiving and christmas dinners, because there is no way I could manage it.

So, nothing planned this time.    I hope I don't get spoiled from not having to do a bunch of cooking this year, when next year's holiday season rolls around.  Smiley Wink

Hey CB,

I didn't know how to write that up since we say lunch, and then there's dinner sometimes called supper also. So I did it that way.  We do b, l, and dinner.  

Gee, hope that arms better, (but not too soon Woman Wink) LOL

Respected Contributor

Christmas Eve we have kielbasi & sauerkraut sandwiches.  Christmas dinner is stuffed steak and baked potatoes.  Cranberry jello salad both days.  It's just hubby & me.

Regular Contributor

We have several Christmases to accommodate all the family!  On the 23rd we are going non-traditional with pulled pork and pulled chicken, pasta salad, veggies tray and several finger foods, Christmas cookies for dessert.  The 24th traditional fruit and cheese plates for appetizers, home made manicotti, gravy, meatballs salad etc.  The 25th ham, baked potatoes, veggie, I might make some cornbread, and Christmas Cookies.  Last celebration will be on the 28th with several different dips, cheeses and fruit.  Wedding Soup and salad and of course Christmas Cookies!  I'm getting sick just typing all of this!  Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday season!