Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Morning

[ Edited ]

When we spend Christmas with the grandkids (other side of the country) we make a cinnamon roll tree. I first found the idea online years ago. The trees have become more elaborate with time (colored icing, decorations, etc.). The basic concept is simple. Here are examples:

Image result for cinnamon roll xmas tree

Another easy idea using cinnamon rolls (from a can):

We also have scrambled eggs, made with Half & Half. 

Respected Contributor

This year it's just DH and myself for Christmas morning (afternoon party with his family). 

I'm thinking of making these easy, special croissants to serve with eggs and sausages.

http://threemanycooks.com/recipes/sweet-treats/cinnamon-pecan-croissants/

Regular Contributor

I will make monkey bread and probably have some coffee and cocoa for the boys while we open presents and watch Christmas movies.

That's been our tradition for the past few years and it's always a hit.

Fattening for sure but hey, it's Christmas day so why not!

Honored Contributor

I always make the same coffee cake that my mom made growing up. It's the only time I make it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Yum...at my house we are devoutly hoping for a late start to the day and lots of leftover turkey and trimmings from our family feast on Christmas Eve. 

Starbuck's Christmas Blend coffee. Possibly Champagne.

Maybe some seasonal music--which doesn't sound like a treat, but I work from home most of the time so I've managed to avoid it for the most part. 

And enjoying the peaceful feeling of the quietest day of the year.

Trusted Contributor

We are having Christmas on Monday with our kids and the grands, so I will be serving Christmas dinner then.

So for Christmas morning for us, we are doing a bit of a holiday brunch. Mimosas. Baking a small ham, a quiche (or a frittata, haven't decided which), a fruit salad, and some sticky buns and cookies for dessert. I will make the sticky buns on Saturday night, so they're fresh. 

That will see us through until we have our lasagna around 6:00 Christmas night.

Honored Contributor

I found a real, origonal bakery opened in 1930 two towns from here!!!!!

It took three days of driving to so called small bakeries that were glorified sandwich take out, and I found Heaven!!!!!!!!!

Image result for mcfarlan bakery hendersonville nc

Image result for mcfarlan bakery hendersonville nc

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I am making a Breakfast Casserole, with peppers, hashbrown, sausage, cheese, Oh So Good!

Honored Contributor
I am making a sausage breakfast casserole, will make it today, then bake in the morning. Also will have homemade sweet rolls and orange juice, homemade hot chocolate or coffee. That will be it, until late afternoon when I will have Prime Rib, potatoes, broccoli and hot yeast rolls w/butter. Then a Banana Pudding Cake. We will be stuffed for a couple days, We don't normally eat like this, or this much. lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

The picture of that bakery is a vision.  I grew up in an area that had so many wonderful bakeries. Today, lucky to have a "bakery" in the grocery store.  I would love to find one like that.  Glad you did.