Honored Contributor

I'm not one for ever making anything unhealthy but on Christmas morning I cook up a pound of bacon and make pancakes! What a treat we all have! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 I think you forgot something, my invitation, LOL!

Sounds wonderful, have a beautiful holiday!  

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Snicks1 I think you forgot something, my invitation, LOL!

Sounds wonderful, have a beautiful holiday!  

@CareBears, come on over, always room for 1 more at the table. Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday to you.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

FYI, the puppy in your profile picture is beyond adorable, give him/her a big hug and a big kiss for me!

Honored Contributor

I'm the only breakfast eater in this family, so I'll be having my regular plain Cheerios with dried blueberries and soy milk... not very exciting, but it works for me.

When I want to make a fussy breakfast I have to make it for dinner.

I hope you all enjoy your breakfasts and your holidays. Thank you for being my forum friends and my first go-to for cooking advice and sharing.  I was about to give up on the QVC boards - and then I discovered the kitchen/recipe forum.  I don't have any "real life" friends who cook and bake, so it means a great deal to me to be a part of this QVC community.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Morning

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG as it's just me  and knowing me it may very well be a hotdog but if you are preparing for many if you have a Costco by you they have delicious pastries and croissants and also if you have a GFS by you, they have several delicious breakfast entrees to pop in the oven that can feed a crowd and are delicious too!

@ECBG  @mtc

HOT DOGS for breakfast!  One of my ALL TIME favorites!  Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast if Panettone and boiled eggs, but this year it was home made cinnamon rolls!  With orange icing--which I LOVE!

Honored Contributor

I cut into pieces and freeze an almond Kringle so if I have people staying with me who cannot make it to brunch they can have a warm piece with coffee.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG as it's just me  and knowing me it may very well be a hotdog but if you are preparing for many if you have a Costco by you they have delicious pastries and croissants and also if you have a GFS by you, they have several delicious breakfast entrees to pop in the oven that can feed a crowd and are delicious too!

@ECBG  @mtc

HOT DOGS for breakfast!  One of my ALL TIME favorites!  Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast if Panettone and boiled eggs, but this year it was home made cinnamon rolls!  With orange icing--which I LOVE!

@Sooner@mtc,You helped me remember when I was a teen I loved to cut a hotdog frim top to bottom and lightly fry them.  Then I'd scramble an egg and have it on top of the hotdog in a bun!  Loved it!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG  @mtc

@Sooner@mtc,You helped me remember when I was a teen I loved to cut a hotdog frim top to bottom and lightly fry them.  Then I'd scramble an egg and have it on top of the hotdog in a bun!  Loved it!

My dad cooked very rarely when I was a kid, but he'd sometimes slice up a hot dog, brown the pieces and scramble an egg into it.  My husband thinks that's the weirdest thing, but we loved it because Dad made it for us.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

@ECBG

@mtc

YOU BET!  WEENIES and eggs!!!  That's a blast from my childhood too!  I used to LOVE them!