Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs :  I read several.years ago that Giada and Bobby had an affair.

Honored Contributor

I like 'Beat Bobby Flay' and still watch it but, yeah, I figure there is some time warp or planning ahead.  It just makes sense.  But the contest is fun to watch.

Like another poster, I never could stomach Robert Irvine.  He creeped me out from the first time I saw him, so I tend to avoid shows where he is a main presence.   Then, when all that stuff came out, it just probably verified some of his creepiness for me.   He was gone for a while after that, then he started getting shows again.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz  She is always very flirtatious around him.  They seem to still be friends.  She is on his show quite often.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

They certainly had good chemistry on the show!  I read that she is currently married and he is not but don't know how accurate that is.  I never was a fan of either of them, but I enjoy their different shows now.  I like Robert Irvine.  He puts on this tough exterior but I have seen him being very kind also.  The chief I really like - personality wise is Michael Simmon (sp?).  He has the greatest laugh!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs .....wrote - Giada kind of creeps me out.

I agree with you, I was never a fan of hers, maybe something about her fake smile, she shows too much teeth, JMO.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@tends2dogs 

They certainly had good chemistry on the show!  I read that she is currently married and he is not but don't know how accurate that is.  I never was a fan of either of them, but I enjoy their different shows now.  I like Robert Irvine.  He puts on this tough exterior but I have seen him being very kind also.  The chief I really like - personality wise is Michael Simmon (sp?).  He has the greatest laugh!  

I've been a fan of Michael Symon ever since he competed, and won, in the first season of 'Next Iron Chef'.    I picked him in the very beginning and another chef, whose name I cannot remember right now, as my second choice and he ended up in second place.

Michael just always seemed like a nice guy and a good family person.   I still think about 'The Chew' from time to time, missing it.  Smiley Sad  I watch his current show where he and his wife are cooking outside.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

That show is awesome -- the one with his wife!  I also liked the Texas style bar-b-q team competition one with he, Flay and Jackson!  He has an older show running where he goes all over the country trying burgers, beer and bar-b-q.  It's really fun!  He does seem like a great guy!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I wasn't a big fan of Chopped but I did watch it on ocassion but what really made me stop watching it was seeing the sweat on the contestant's faces while they prepared the food and then seeing the judges eating that same food.  

Now I know it is a reality show and most likely there was camera trickery used but it just seemed too unpleasant to watch.  Sweat and food preparation do not go hand in hand to me.  

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Do you think those two have something going on?  (Giada and Bobby?) 

I used to like (and watch) Bobby Flay's cooking shows, but I was done with him, when I found out he dumped his wife for Giada. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Do you think those two have something going on?  (Giada and Bobby?) 

I used to like (and watch) Bobby Flay's cooking shows, but I was done with him, when I found out he dumped his wife for Giada. Woman Frustrated

Giada and Bobby never dated. She has a rule against dating other chefs

Also, she is in a relationship with Shane Farley, a producer.

He was even on her "at home" quarantine episodes along with her daughter Jade