Regular Contributor

K Paul's was/is the name of his restaurant in the French Quarter. What a great man and culinary influence in the food world. He will be missed...

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2015/10/08/superstar-chef-paul-prudhomme-dies-at-75/73583404/

Honored Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

K Paul's was/is the name of his restaurant in the French Quarter. What a great man and culinary influence in the food world. He will be missed...

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2015/10/08/superstar-chef-paul-prudhomme-dies-at-75/73583404/

Of course - K Paul's! We've been by it many times, but I don't think we've ever eaten there. We like the French Market Bar and Grill, and we recently "discovered"  Pierre Maspero's. We probably could never get in K Paul's because of the wait! 

Thanks to you, Perkup and Jaxs Mom for the info!

Respected Contributor

Remember back in the day before the Internet? His recipes were about the only Cajun ones widely available (and Justin's). I'm sure many of us over a certain age have made something with his recipe. 

Very good restaurant too. RIP

Honored Contributor

I remember Justin Wilson - what a character.  Growing up in Western NY and seeing his cooking shows on PBS, I didn't know quite what to make of him.  His stories and appearance (that scar) really drew me in, it was like nothing else on TV.

Respected Contributor

My husband had given me one of his cookbooks several years ago for a Christmas gift. His étouffée , jambalaya , and  gumbo recipes are wonderful. I  also remember watching him on TV once in awhile  - he was an excellent chef! He loved his food - and so do we - my son  also  loves his recipes - between  helping me cook  other things and helping my husband cook all that creole food - he himself loves to cook and is always marking more of his recipes to try. He pretty much makes his étouffée every New Year's Day  - it has become our family tradition. Football and  Mr. Prudhome's étouffée - what better way to start the New Year!! Here's to you Chef Prudhome!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

My late husband was a big fan; he watched him on TV at every possible opportunity.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor
I think the full name was K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen. I actually went to New Orleans alone some time before Katrina. I had babysat my nephew for a week and my sister gave me airline miles as payment. DH had no interest, but I couldn't pass up the chance. I stayed in the French Quarter at the Cornstalk and spent my days antiquing and trying different restaurants. The Cathedral was roped off with yellow police tape, big drug problem back then and I was warned to stay on the trolley routes. That trip was one of the highlights of my life. The food was out of this world.