Honored Contributor

Need the name of a cheese that we got at a grocery store in Amish territory.  They are the only ones I know of that have it.

Called  ?_______________ and rye.   Sounds like a sandwich name with the "rye" in it.

Does anyone know this type of cheese?

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal Is it Swiss & Rye cheese?

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian

I Googled and that's the only Amish cheese with rye that came up, so I think you're right!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

There is an Amish community a few hours north of me with a few cheese shops and Swiss is what they feature (although there are tons to choose from).  I'll bet it is Swiss (and Rye) as others have suggested.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

You gals are absolutely right!   I went in and hunted too.  Thank you!!! 

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian

I Googled and that's the only Amish cheese with rye that came up, so I think you're right!

@KingstonsMom Thanks for Googling.  This cheese, Swiss & Rye, was a favorite of my beloved maman!  Smiles.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love Baby Swiss.  In fact, our hometown is known as the Swiss cheese capitol of the world 🌎🌎🌎.  My DH likes Limburger & muenster.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

I love Baby Swiss.  In fact, our hometown is known as the Swiss cheese capitol of the world 🌎🌎🌎.  My DH likes Limburger & muenster.

i enjoy baby swiss also.

i am a CHEESE LOVER......could eat it every day!

i did a beautiful cheese board for thanksgiving as one of our appetizer choices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

i enjoy baby swiss also.

i am a CHEESE LOVER......could eat it every day!

i did a beautiful cheese board for thanksgiving as one of our appetizer choices.

At one time our county had 100 cheese factories.  Now we are down to 12, so we usually have to go to several of them to get what we want.

Honored Contributor

I'll look for this baby Swiss next week, to try it. Thanks.