Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and I just discovered Cashew Butter and I am so addicted....better than peanut butter! Sam's Club supposedly carries it, but I wasn't able to find it at our local store. DH ordered it online, but it was a bit expensive, so I'm looking for another local source. I'm going to check Fresh Thyme tomorrow...my local grocer doesn't seem to carry it. I wonder if Trader Joe's might have it.

Has anyone tried this wonderful concoction, and if so, where did you find it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cashew Butter

[ Edited ]

it has been around forever, also almond butter and hazelnut butter.  Yes it's good, I avoid it like the plague. Walmart and Publix locally. 

Super Contributor

Yes. Almond too.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the Walmart suggestion, even though I usually avoid that store "like the plague". LOL - I'll check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 

Yes, cashew butter is expensive--$7.99 for a 16 oz jar compared to $1.99 for peanut butter--at Trader Joe's (if I'm remembering correctly). 

Even better is to make your own at home where you can use any type nut you want or even mix them. Cashews mixed with peanuts is delicious but if you can't do that TJ's makes excellent nut butters.

Not too long ago Trader Joe's came out with almond butter filled pretzels. I love their peanut butter filled pretzels so I figured the almond butter would be even better but no. The peanut butter ones are the clear winner which is weird because TJ's almond butter is so good it blows Justin's out of the water. There's just something magical about TJ's pb pretzels, lol. 

Honored Contributor

I found some almond butter with caramel that was good enough to eat with a spoon.  Also very expensive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Cashew Butter

[ Edited ]

Yum....I buy my nut butters usually at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.  It is used on PB(CB) & J sandwiches, sometimes a spoonful in smoothies, salad dressing, or home-made ice cream (husband's fav combo is chocolate/cherry with a tbsp of almond butter)..  Enjoy your CB treats! 

Honored Contributor

Cashew butter has a carb count roughly 1.5 times that of almond butter and double that of peanut butter so I avoid it.  We get our peanut butter and almond butter either from Aldi or Costco - just nuts & salt 

Honored Contributor

I make it in my vitamix----same with the other nuts---probably not any less pricy unless you can buy in bulk maybe----use the cashews to make a delicous alfredo like sauce that is dairy free---

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Hubby and I just discovered Cashew Butter and I am so addicted....better than peanut butter! Sam's Club supposedly carries it, but I wasn't able to find it at our local store. DH ordered it online, but it was a bit expensive, so I'm looking for another local source. I'm going to check Fresh Thyme tomorrow...my local grocer doesn't seem to carry it. I wonder if Trader Joe's might have it.

Has anyone tried this wonderful concoction, and if so, where did you find it?

A nice feature Sam's Club has,  you are able to see what items they carry in each store. It also lets you know if it is out of stock. It came in handy when we were going through the craziness last year, when people were buying cart loads of items. 

I checked to see if 5 local Sams had cashew butter. They only carried almond butter and peanut butter. 

I will keep looking.